Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Throttle response  (Read 2103 times)

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
Throttle response
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:41:02 pm »
Was having trouble with my throttle response, when opening up the throttle it would just sit there and suck air or sound that way.   If I left off to about half throttle it would go like crazy.   Took it to the dealer and they agreed something was amiss, and suspected either or both of the throttle by wire sensors.    They ordered both and changed them.   Got the bike back on Tuesday and the throttle now works like it should.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Throttle response
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:26:12 pm »
Glad it is fixed but sounds like an air leak to me.  Perhoas when they installed stuff they fixed the leak.  On the other hand perhaps it was a sensor that was upsetting the ecu.

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
Re: Throttle response
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:07:20 pm »
John, it didn't really act like and air leak.   A lot of times with an air leak the engine idles down slower at least with my experience.   This the throttle worked fine as long as you didn't open it up all the way.   Anyhow the dealer said the sensors were the problem, regardless I am glad it is fixed.

tweedy-bunch