Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy maintenance costs  (Read 4672 times)

Offline williemeyer

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawasaki VN1700
  • City / Town: Langley
Trophy maintenance costs
« on: July 04, 2015, 11:53:53 pm »
Hi - I am willie and live in BC Canada. I am currently riding a Kawasaki Vulcan. I have had two concours's and an ST1300 over the past 10 years and have put on 200,000kms. I bought my Vulcan for the riding position as I waited for a knee replacement. Now I am ready to go back to a sport touring bike and am very interested in the Trophy. I have heard that the Trophy is very expensive to maintain, and due to a small number of dealers in our area, am concerned. Can anyone shed some light on this info?

thanks a bunch

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
Re: Trophy maintenance costs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 12:17:43 am »
I just traded my Connie for the trophy.  I generallydoll my own maintenance, so I am hoping to negotiate with the services department the parts of the maintenance I will do, and what they will do

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 03:17:13 am »
*Originally Posted by williemeyer [+]
Hi - I am willie and live in BC Canada. I am currently riding a Kawasaki Vulcan. I have had two concours's and an ST1300 over the past 10 years and have put on 200,000kms. I bought my Vulcan for the riding position as I waited for a knee replacement. Now I am ready to go back to a sport touring bike and am very interested in the Trophy. I have heard that the Trophy is very expensive to maintain, and due to a small number of dealers in our area, am concerned. Can anyone shed some light on this info?

thanks a bunch
I think it depends on whether you are doing your own maintenance or not.
Oil changes are pretty simple.  Air filter means removing the tank, i have not done this yet.  Valve check/adjust I will probably have done by the dealer the first time.
I had BMW boxers before and I think the Trophy cost less to maintain than those bikes.
Good luck.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline GolforRide

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Coquitlam
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 05:01:07 am »
Hi Willie,
You are a lucky guy there is a triumph dealer in your neighborhood, the costs for repairs are reasonable as far as I can see, it's probably more than a Honda kawasaki Yamaha suzuki but the good news it's not one of them and it's special.  Rarer
take a chance it's a beauty the dealer in langley is awesome :188:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:03:59 am by GolforRide »
Please take my opinion, I'm not using it!!!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:21:12 am »
I do think the Trophy can be costly to maintain if you don't do your own maintenance. As mentioned changing the fluids is pretty easy. And that is the maintenance you will be doing most.  Changing the brakes pads is also very easy.  Removing the tires is quite easy as well so you can just take the rims in to have the tires changed.  Should save a bit there too.  So the net is if you are at all handy with a wrench you shouldn't be out of pocket too much. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 06:22:33 am »
Oh and I forgot...Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 07:44:34 am »
Hi willie and welcome...

Like all of these big touring bikes with lots of Tupperware if you pay someone to do the jobs it will cost a fair bit just in time to get it ready to work on.

It also depends on how many miles a year you will be riding.

The service schedule calls for a 10,000 ,lie or 1 year service interval. If you do 10,000 a year that would probably mean a twice a year on a Beemer! If say you only did 5,000 miles a year there is a service 'lite' which doesn't cost too much at all just to do essentials like fluids and brake checks etc.

If you have a reasonable degree of mechanical skills then certainly the requirements of that service 'lite' would be well within your skill set.

:400:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:30 am »
Hi williemeyer and :400: to the Forum !

tweedy-bunch