Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just picked up my new Trophy  (Read 5174 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Just picked up my new Trophy
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Flew up to Canandaigua NY a few days ago to pick up my new Trophy from my brother's dealership. Needed to ride it 500 miles to break it is so I could get the first service done before riding back to Texas. The weather would not cooperate. First day the weather was sunny but cool with the temps in the 40s. Second day was sleet and snow with temps between 30 and 36. So much sleet built up on the windshield I could not see through it. Fortunately the windshield adjusts so I could lower it to see over it. Third day was raining with temps in the 50s. Despite the cold weather the fairing protected so well I really didn't need the heated grips or heated seat. Just used them as a novelty as I've never had before.
Got the bike serviced.

Sunday headed out but NY weather had to have the last laugh. Rained on me with temps in the high 40s all the way out of NY. Rained all the way to Williamsport PA. Temperatures finally hit 50s and sun came out in Harrisburg PA. Rode on to Lexington VA. Next day was greeted by rain and temps in the 60s. Toured around my old university stomping grounds and headed out. Rode to Knoxville TN. Woke up to spectacular weather and had a very pleasant ride on the Natchez Trace down to Tupelo MS. Woke up the next day and toured Elvis' birthplace and museum. Continued on the Natchez Trace down to Vicksburg. Toured the battlefield and museum. Fantastic weather the whole time. Continued onto Shreveport LA. Woke up to pouring rain. Terrible storms. Rode all the way to Houston in a downpour.

Throughout it all the bike performed perfectly. Not a single problem in the 2600 miles I have on it in just 9 days. Very pleased with the bike thus far. Never owned a driveshaft bike before. Nice to not have to worry about chains in the rain and adjustments.

I got home, pulled into the garage and introduced the Trophy to my 955ST. Told the ST not to be jealous. After all the ST and I go back 11 years and it has taken me all over the US and Canada, even to Alaska. I told the ST it will never be replaced.

Only complaint I have (and it isn't with the bike) is that my Scala Rider Q2 (not the Q2 Pro) doesn't seem to be compatible with the audio system. Iphone links up just fine. But not my headset. The radio could be heard perfectly at 70MPH. I didn't try it at higher speeds but there was plenty of volume adjustment left. Just seemed rude to be blasting out tunes for all the world to hear.

Hope to put many more miles on both the bikes.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
Re: Just picked up my new Trophy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »
Now that's the way to collect a bike. Well done and well wear. The best I've done is fly to Germany and ride back - twice.
Caoimhín

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
Thanks for that.  I've done this for all three of the Triumphs I've purchased from my brothers.  Fly up and ride back.  This time was the worst weather though.  BTW I used to work for an Irish plc.  Spent 5-10 days every month for years in Ireland.  Beautiful country.  I had the opportunity to tour virtually every bit of the island.  Absolutely beautiful.  Of course the rain tends to dampen (pun intended) the riding spirit. 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:29:53 PM »
Nah. The odd splash of rain just clears the air so you can see the beautiful scenery better.  :001:
Caoimhín

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 01:54:47 AM »
My Irish colleagues always insisted that Ireland was naturally sunny and that it was I who brought the rain. 

Where in Ireland are you?
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »
Blessington, Co. Wicklow - the garden of Ireland!
Caoimhín

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »
I've been through Wicklow city and county several time but I don't recall Blessington.  But the surrounding area sure is pretty. It is no wonder County Wicklow is called the garden of Ireland.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Old leather

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger,Sprint,Trophy
  • City / Town: Pinetown
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »
I have been spoilt for choice, both are beautiful rides.
Go your own way.