Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Laughlin, NV for Lunch  (Read 1293 times)

Offline K6gad

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Menifee, CA
Laughlin, NV for Lunch
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:30:38 PM »
Went on our 5th annual Laughlin for lunch ride yesterday. The TT SEjust got its 500mi service on Tuesday so I was anxious to see how it did on a long trip. Met three friends for breakfast at the Swing Inn in Temecula @ 6am. Then gassed up and left at 7am. We rode through Temecula ans Hemet on our way to Hwy 10. Then Morongo Valley, and 29 Palms. Took Amboy road to Amboy and Route 66 through Goff's over to Hwy 95 then up toward Searchlight and across to Laughlin. We ate at the Aquarius buffet and walked around the vendor area for the "River Run" for about two more hours then hopped on the bikes and retraced our track back home. In all about 580 miles round trip. Got back about 7:30pm.

I averaged 48+ mpg for the whole trip most of which was at 60-70 mph. The seat was comfortable, the riding position (for me anyway) was great. Played a USB memory chip through the stereo about half the time it sounds good even at speed. Think I will look into a Bluetooth headset. Experimented with different settings on the TES on the freeway and old 66 the Comfort setting as you MIT guess was best. We had a bit of a crosswind for part of the trip and the bike felt just fine, nice and stable. Cruise was very nice and I learned you can disengage it by rolling the throttle off. It would ne nice to have some hwy pegs. All in all had a great trip. This bike is going to see a lot of miles!
Gary  :001:

Offline K6gad

• Non Active
    • View Profile
Pics from trip
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:27:53 AM »
Some pics

Offline K6gad

• Non Active
    • View Profile
Re: Laughlin, NV for Lunch
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:28:51 AM »
Another

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
Weather looks good similar to here at the moment apartment from no cloud sunshine and warmer :017:  yes I use the throttle 'roll off' to disengage the cruise I find it nice unless you are just trying to throttle off a little bit as it takes time to catch the tnrottle back up.

Good pics

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 02:35:02 AM »
Sounds like a good run, let's meet up some day.

Gary in Palm Desert