Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: `Going' to France this Weekend ?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
`Going' to France this Weekend ?
« on: July 10, 2015, 06:49:00 pm »

just got back from a `day trip in France'  via the Channel Tunnel.     :233:     What a bloody nightmare,   checked with Eurotunnel late last night for any `problems' and there was none.     First thing this morning advised of 30 minute delays due to overnight maintenance,  -  ok,  no problem  I can live with that.   :084:     Arrived at the Tunnel at 07:00  but  their signs  now indicating 1 hour delay,   :114:  however 3 hrs  further on,  and sweltering in the `car park'  heat,  finally boarded a train , no announcements,  no apologies, nothing.  :110:   Checked back in at 15:00 at French side Coquelles   ( so a curtailed  and short day out ) and  then delayed again for a further 90 minutes.  :023:     Again nothing From Eurotunnel as to the delays.   To top it off, once back in `Blighty'   `Op Stack was back on with Motorways closed.... thus  A20 congested   :023:    :157:      So if anyone is planning to `travel'  via the Tunnel this weekend  - be warned.
                                      End of Rant ,   I'm gonna get `pissed' now.....  :821:

( now wish I'd  stayed at home  and `cut the grass' / painted the shed  ect ect......)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:08:14 pm by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: `Going' to France this Weekend ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:27:33 pm »
I think I would have to opt for walking around the corner to a pub for a while then walking (maybe) home.  :008:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:48:20 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
I think I would have to opt for walking around the corner to a pub for a while then walking (maybe) home.  :008:

Hi trophied, wish I'd done just that   :155:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 01:44:51 am »
Ah if only I lived close enough for a "day trip".  Instead just to get there takes a day :034:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST