Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: NOLAN SOFTWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE  (Read 3267 times)

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
NOLAN SOFTWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:53:16 pm »
Hi all, just to say Nolan have released more software updates for their bluetooth systems. Might help with the cutout that was getting really annoying!!!

Offline jesse64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Scottsdale
Re: NOLAN SOFTWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:47:04 pm »
I think the cut out problem is with the radio and specifically a weak and poorly positions bluetooth antenna.  I say this because I've seen a lot of complaints about it.  I have the Sena 20s headseat.  It cuts out on the Trophy but I also have a goldwing with a J&M bluetooth dongle and it never cuts out.  I have not been able to get anyone to deal with the problem but I haven't tried real hard yet either.

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 02:20:17 am »
*Originally Posted by jesse64 [+]
I think the cut out problem is with the radio and specifically a weak and poorly positions bluetooth antenna.  I say this because I've seen a lot of complaints about it.  I have the Sena 20s headseat.  It cuts out on the Trophy but I also have a goldwing with a J&M bluetooth dongle and it never cuts out.  I have not been able to get anyone to deal with the problem but I haven't tried real hard yet either.

I have felt this way for a long time as well. The radio is located directly underneath the rider, so I would assume the bluetooth antenna for the radio is located in the same spot. The signal basically has to go directly through the entire rider before it reaches the helmet, and that is a lot of water to attenuate the signal. I would to find out if there is a way to extend or relocate the antenna on the radio so that it is further forward on the bike.
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic

Offline jesse64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Scottsdale
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:34:34 am »
I actually exchanged emails with RadioSound about the problem.  They are the maker of the radio for Triumph and others.  It's called an NTouch.  They asked some good questions trying to diagnose but in the end they recommended having the dealer handle the problem.  I'm reluctant to bother because I know it's a waste of time.  All I really want is a schematic or some kind of direction on where the bluetooth antenna is inside the unit so I can open it up and attach an external antenna.  No luck getting that.  If I could find one cheap I'd open it up but the new units are too expensive to mess with.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 05:44:28 pm »
Have you PM'd Coconut about the schematic. That guy sems to know this bike better than any dealer
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 06:29:44 pm »
Sorry - I can't help with that one ( but thanks for the compliment ! )

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 04:41:33 pm »
I always said that the problem was in the antenna, but I was wrong in part
If you change the antenna site toward the center of the motorcycle, you can minimize the error, but not solved at all.
the problem is the compatibility of different brands of manufacturers, permits, drivers etc.
and solved the problem with a similar link below to get bluetooth, I buy in China for 2 euros.
I connect it to intercom midland bt next, cable and connect via Bluetooth to the trophy, interruptions are over and the music is best heard.
I guess as the Chinese do not pay preoicupan patent rights or permits, put all the drivers, the kit of the matter is that without moving the antenna that is right on the motorcycle, listening paerfectamente

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-A2DP-3-5mm-Stereo-WiFi-Tablet-Audio-Dongle-Receiver-Adapter-/380924121737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b0d8d289

tweedy-bunch