Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Deals Gap Trip  (Read 2167 times)

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Deals Gap Trip
« on: July 20, 2015, 01:29:14 am »
Well I returned unscathed from my trip of 2900 miles total to Deals Gap.  I am happy to report that the Trophy performed as engineered.  I am glad that I got the new Pilot GT's on before the trip and they also performed beyond my expectations.  All in all I had rain on the 580 mile ride down and on the trip back and a little while down there but even with the rain the tires seemed to push the water aside and I dont think that there was one time I didnt have full confidence in the bike even in the wet.  I did get the opportunity to meet a fellow Trophy owner there from Florida (shout out to you if you read this) he and his wife had the very fast blue edition of the bike and he seemed to like my flat black finish (although some her do not).  With all of that being said I am looking forward to my next trip at the end of the month heading to Coopper Harbor Michigan at the very top of the upper peninsula of Michigan.  Should be fun too.  Take care my friends and ride safe (however you choose that to be)

Kurt Martin
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
Re: Deals Gap Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:25:47 am »
Kurt,
Glad to hear that you had a great trip and that the bike performed flawlessly. I too love that area and just got back 3 weeks ago, some of the best riding around. I've never been to Michigan, but I hear that its a beautiful area, have fun, be safe. By the way, I like the flat black on the TTSE, just not crazy about the crash bars.

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 03:48:37 am »
 :062:
Welcome back, glad you made it safely, thanks for the feedback on the tires... and one day I'd like to see that flat black in person -- with crash bars.

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:55:22 am »
Good to hear Kurt, glad you enjoyed the ride.

I got stopped in Michigan by a LEO for not wearing a helmet, I also nearly got a ticket for not having my documents, however my boyish good charm and English accent got me off both!

It was the first time in my life I had not ridden with a Helmet.  I'd been four weeks touring America on my UK registered Harley that I flew in for the 2003 homecoming.  I picked my Harley up in Sturgis and rode around before picking up my wife who flew into Chicago, it rained all day after four weeks of Sun!  We found a Motel in Michigan and after cleaning up found that food was a mile down the road so I decided for that short slow pace ride shorts, no helmet, no gloves and t.shirt would be fine, because all my gear was soaking wet and I was the only guy on a Harley wearing a Helmet in America during my four weeks riding!  Got about 200 yards from the Motel when a Black and White Cruiser pulled me over; what are the chances of that?

Great experiences in Michigan, enjoy, later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 01:51:30 pm »
Glad you made it home safe.  Bring a heated vest or fleece sweater with you to the UP.  I was there in July 2014 and the highs were in the high 50s.  I had on everything I owned to stay warm. 

My wife likes your blacked out bike, but not the contrasting crash bars.  She says it should be all black to be murdered out.

I, on the other hand want to put some Hi-Viz stripes on my Trophy which makes her shake her head.  Different viewpoints on the risks of riding. 

She is the one who chose the Vulcan Voyager for me to haul her around on.  I must admit that the sound of a large V-twin is intoxicating.

tweedy-bunch