Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Silver Trophy in Louisiana  (Read 2586 times)

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
Silver Trophy in Louisiana
« on: July 21, 2015, 05:20:02 pm »
All right who was passing through Louisiana this past Sunday on I-49 headed north? I saw you, but couldn't wave due to passing a car on the southbound side. Thought maybe it might be a fellow member here. :028:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline NOLA

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SE Louisiana
Re: Silver Trophy in Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 05:08:08 am »
I don't know about a silver one, but there will be a blue from New Orleans heading north on I-49 come August 10th...headed to Colorado & Utah!

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:18 pm »
Did that trip just a few years ago. My brother and I went all the way up to the Montana line and rode the Beartooth Pass. Very nice curvy mountain road and there was still snow on the ground in places. Weather was great that year. Good luck on your trip and I might see you passing through as I am always using I-49 north of Natchitoches all the way to Shreveport. :028:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline bad406

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Longwood, La
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 11:58:21 pm »
I would bet money that was me. I was heading from a meeting in Natchotches back to Shreveport to go to work. Had the cruise on 90 enjoying the boiling Louisiana heat.  You will not see me on that trophy anymore. I traded it for a Rocket 3 Touring this past weekend.  30,000 miles and warranty up. It had too many electrical problems to risk keeping with no warranty.  Hope they have all that worked out on the newer models.
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 02:33:35 am »
Hear you on the boiling heat! Too bad about all the problems you were having with your Trophy. Mine has had a couple of the gremlins, but I've seem to have worked them all out so far thanks to this forum. Enjoy that Rocket III. I test rode one before I bought the Trophy and man that thing is a beast. Only thing that really shied me away from it was that they didn't make a touring model in it with hard bags and trunk. I do more long distance riding on trips so that stuff is more important to me. I believe I have seen you before up towards Plain Dealing or north of Shreveport about a couple of years back or so. My brother and I were going to the last Boo Benefit. I still had my Victory Vision then and I seen your Trophy and that's what made take a look at one. :152:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline waldowales

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Tropy SE
  • City / Town: Murray, UT
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 11:10:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by NOLA [+]
I don't know about a silver one, but there will be a blue from New Orleans heading north on I-49 come August 10th...headed to Colorado & Utah!
It would be neat if you could give me a call and I could ride my blue one with your blue one for a few miles. If interested, send me a PM and I'll give you a phone number. I am in the Salt Lake valley of Utah.

tweedy-bunch