Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated Grips  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Chorleyblue

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy se
  • City / Town: CHORLEY
Heated Grips
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »
Hi Peeps,
              can anybody help? my 2014 Trophy SE has the switch fitted for the heated grips, when I checked at my local Triumph dealer about having them fitted they have quoted me £250 has anyone ever had them fitted by a dealer and what was the cost?
cheers,

Chorley Blue
Life is too short to worry ....

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Heated Grips
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:37:31 pm »
If you use the search tool for fitting heated grips you will find several threads on this subject.

You can purchase the components for a lot less than that and it is an easy self fit job
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:44:25 pm »
Just to be clear, is that to purchase grips including install or is that for install only?

I'm with Cropbiker. Did my grip install last night [RHS] and this morning [LHS]. I paid the equivalent of 135 pounds for the kit. I look at dealer install charges as money that I can apply to tools, shop supplies and, riding expenses. You have to remember most of the guys at your dealer doing the install are no brighter than you.

The install instructions are pretty good and there are many here who are prepared to coach you thru it. If it is a case of limited funds and time, I understand that too.

Hope this helped

Studley

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:07:40 am »
This was the original message about the savings that could be had,
by purchasing the individual parts separately, rather than buying them as a kit :
Anyone fitted Heated Grips themselves ? -See Post Reply # 7

I've just checked the Sellers web site and the prices have now been amended -
but it is still worth checking with your own supplier / Triumph Dealer  :028:

Offline Chorleyblue

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy se
  • City / Town: CHORLEY
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 07:59:24 am »
Much appreciated guys, the price was for supply and fit, just was a bit concerned if I fit them myself about the warranty issues. at the end of the day its my pride and joy just sounded a bit expensive.Saying that it looks like they have quoted 2 hrs labour @£51 per hour.
Life is too short to worry ....

Offline 6triumph bob

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14trophy 09r3t
  • City / Town: nederland
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 11:28:22 pm »
Got mine @ dealer $250,installed them myself.Takes about 2 hours being very careful. Very good install instructions on Triumph website,free download. they work great!

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 11:48:26 pm »
Weird that the sum of individual parts cost substantially less than the kit. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  Oh well, no big hurry just yet, but I'll be buying the parts and installing them myself when the weather cools off a bit.  Thanks for the pointers.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 05:59:50 am »
Volfy,

As below, the prices have been amended now - at least they have at World of Triumph
not sure iif Triumph Dealers have changed theirs too ( probably ), and now there's only £10.50 difference.

That's still enough for a couple of Pints though  :152:  :821:

Looks like those Members who purchased the kit before the price changes got a real bargain  :169:

tweedy-bunch