Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone  (Read 8331 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Djimmy

  • Trophy Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
  • Country: USA
Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:07 am »
I sync my Sena 20S to my iPhone 5S so I can use the Sena app to control all my settings and listen to audio from the phone. When I sync the Trophy bluetooth sound system, it cancels the iPhone connection and makes intercom conversations with my buddy very low volume and hard to hear. It seems like I can either sync to the iPhone or the Trophy but not both. I tried to sync the phone then the Trophy and vice versa, but neither way seems to work. Any ideas suggestions, similar experiences? I would love some help.

Offline trophy4me

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 220
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
  • Country: UK
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 06:55:16 am »
Hey Djimmy

I had the Sena 20S I had nothing but trouble with for over 4 months it went back under warranty before Sena I had Autocom so I'm having the latest SPA2 kit fitted :002:
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline GolforRide

  • Trophy Member
  • **
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Coquitlam
  • Country: Canada
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 12:40:55 am »
I have synced my iPhone 5s  to my garmin 660lm  and the  bike simultaneously  to my 20s and when not using the garmin it syncs to the bike and the phone I just have to go into settings on the phone and sync my 20s and phone first and then start the bike and the Trophy also sync and can hear the radio  and all the other channels

Hope that helps
Please take my opinion, I'm not using it!!!

Offline jesse64

  • Trophy Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Scottsdale
  • Country: USA
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 03:48:14 am »
*Originally Posted by Djimmy [+]
I sync my Sena 20S to my iPhone 5S so I can use the Sena app to control all my settings and listen to audio from the phone. When I sync the Trophy bluetooth sound system, it cancels the iPhone connection and makes intercom conversations with my buddy very low volume and hard to hear. It seems like I can either sync to the iPhone or the Trophy but not both. I tried to sync the phone then the Trophy and vice versa, but neither way seems to work. Any ideas suggestions, similar experiences? I would love some help.

I have the 20s and got a new have a Samsung S6.  I found with the S6 I have to pair it using Sena's phone only pairing.  That seemed to solve similar problems.  When pairing the trophy just do as usual.  When pairing the phone hold the phone button for 5 seconds (until it goes into pairing mode), let go and press the phone button again within 2 seconds.  It should pair in phone only mode.  See if that helps if you haven't tried it.

Offline plgoddard

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
  • Country: USA
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:12:30 am »
I have the 10S and an iPhone 4S and have not been able to successfully sync the Sena with the TTSE and the 4S at the same time; it's either one or the other, and the bike seems to boot my phone connection if I sync with the phone first before starting the bike.
I've not had the time/patience to play with it, but I'm going to try the ideas I read about here.

Offline Djimmy

  • Trophy Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
  • Country: USA
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 12:52:51 am »
*Originally Posted by GolforRide [+]
I have synced my iPhone 5s  to my garmin 660lm  and the  bike simultaneously  to my 20s and when not using the garmin it syncs to the bike and the phone I just have to go into settings on the phone and sync my 20s and phone first and then start the bike and the Trophy also sync and can hear the radio  and all the other channels

Hope that helps
Hi Golforide. Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit confused. Did  you sync the Garmin to the bike and then the 20S to the bike? In other words, in what specific order did you do the syncing? It just seems to me that the iPhone and the bike don't like being synced at the same time. Djimmy

Offline nert

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 402
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
  • Country: USA
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »
I have the TTSE and the 20S, and Iphone. Both work together beautifully.  I can listen to either the TT radio or the Sena radio, I can intercom, make and receive phone calls, listen to my GPS. Each interrupts with the priority you might expect. The trick is, there are 2 pairing methods. Its been a long time so I am not sure of which method I used for each item. It will only work one way. I believe I paired the phone with Sena as explained in section 5.1 of the Sena book, and paired the bike, with Sena as explained in section 6.1 under Selective Profile. As I said, if it doesn't work I may have explained them backwards. Phone to Section 5.1, Bike to Section 6.1, OR could be Phone to Section 6.1 and Bike to Section 5.1

Offline Djimmy

  • Trophy Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
  • Country: USA
Re: Sena 20S syncing issues with the Trophy and Iphone
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 12:50:24 am »
Thanks Nert for the reply.  I am surprised, no make that shocked, no make that blown away that you are able to do all of this. I have tried everything I know of and can't get half of what you say to work. I can either pair my iPhone, or the bike, but not both, and forget the GPS, that's out of the question. If I pair the bike, I lose intercom. I would love to know how you did this. So would my buddy and his wife, with the exact same setup, TTSE, 20S, iPhone 6S and GPS. We ride together a lot and we've given up on pairing the bike, because or highest priority is intercom. Thanks again.

*Originally Posted by nert [+]
I have the TTSE and the 20S, and Iphone. Both work together beautifully.  I can listen to either the TT radio or the Sena radio, I can intercom, make and receive phone calls, listen to my GPS. Each interrupts with the priority you might expect. The trick is, there are 2 pairing methods. Its been a long time so I am not sure of which method I used for each item. It will only work one way. I believe I paired the phone with Sena as explained in section 5.1 of the Sena book, and paired the bike, with Sena as explained in section 6.1 under Selective Profile. As I said, if it doesn't work I may have explained them backwards. Phone to Section 5.1, Bike to Section 6.1, OR could be Phone to Section 6.1 and Bike to Section 5.1