Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SENA 10c  (Read 4984 times)

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
SENA 10c
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:24:53 am »
MY geekdon took over today...  :005:I purchased a new Sena 10c.  OMG this is cool  and SO FAR it works much netter than the 20s.  the built in radio works,  really works,  I have tried it making calls at 70 mph,, crytal clear,,  GPS prompts loud and cleat,  Now if i can work the bug out of the triumph trophy bluetooth connection,,  in and out... But ran out of time had to get to midnights
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: SENA 10c
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »
Did you also get the handlebar remote control for it?  That particular item sounds useful.  Unfortunately it won't work with my SMH10.  It will be interesting to hear what the video from yours looks like.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 05:32:46 am »
No I did not   YET,  I have to be a little circumspect with my toy purchases. :150:  BUT I definitely want the remote control unit

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 03:02:46 pm »
Yeah, my wants take a third row seat to my needs these days since I'm retired now.  I'm not suffering, just careful about spending.  My SMH10's are still operating, so until both of them crater I won't be getting a new bluetooth system.  The 10C definitely solves a lot of mount issues with video cameras, pretty slick.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline jesse64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Scottsdale
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 06:33:10 pm »
Kniterider,
Did you ever get the 10c to work with the Trophy BT?  I want to get one but not until it works.  I was told by someone else that they couldn't get it to work and that Sena knows about the problem but hasn't solved it.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:30 pm »
No sir I have not been able to get the triumph to pair.  It will get short bursts to the sena10c  but that is all.  I have tried every recommendation from folks on here, I have complained to Sena,,  ( Useless)  basically sena said get a better bike. 
Of course the ttse won't recognize my Garmin zumo590 either   hardwired or bluetooth either

I am installing a Motochello unit It will fix all the bikes shortcomings ref audio.  I already have the motocheelo earphone conversion so I can choose the bike speakers or earbuds since speakers are worthless over 65 mph..

Only thing I like about the sena unit now  is the video/still camera   awesome clarity   But will probably be selling my 10c and 20s units
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:31:26 pm by kniterider »

Offline jesse64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Scottsdale
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 07:05:53 pm »
I sent this question to Sena:
I own a 2015 Triumph Trophy (motorcycle) which has A2DP bluetooth for the built in XM radio and GPS. I use the Sena 20s and it works with the Triumph. The SMH10 also works. I know other Trophy owners who have the 10u and the 10c. The 10u and 10C do not work with the Trophy for some reason. They both connect through the BT connection but sound will come on for a few seconds then cut off for about 15 seconds then cycle back through that loop repeatedly. Those owners have gone through multiple rounds of communication with Sena support and different pairing options. The concencus is that that there is some kind of compatibility problem.
I would like to buy the 10c but it won't work for me due to that problem. Sena support should know about the problem as they have worked with my friend and admitted that it won't work but don't know why. Is there a plan to work thought these issues? If so, any idea how long that will be. Like I said, I'd like to buy the 10c but may have to go to a different brand of camera if Sena can't work out the compatibility problems.

Got their response today:
Dean, Jun 7, 10:34 AM PDT:
Hi There,

Thanks for the email.

Yes SENA is aware of this. A new firmware update will come out in about month for the 10C and 10U.
Regards,

Dean

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 08:14:44 pm »
More good news then  :152:

Thanks for taking the trouble to find out and then share with us  :028:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:11:51 pm by Coconut »