Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy or Trophy se  (Read 9582 times)

Offline Animal

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Malmesbury
Trophy or Trophy se
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:37:41 pm »
Hi guys, I am test riding a trophy on Monday. My question is, what is the difference between the two models. The shop has a new Trophy I can have, and they have told me that Triumph won't be making the standard Trophy anymore just the SE.  I will be buying a Trophy on Monday, but I am a bit confused about which model to get. I don't think I would use a lot of the extras on the SE. So is the standard version worth getting. Thanks guys x
English not British !

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Re: Trophy or Trophy se
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:49 pm »
SE gets TPMS,electric suspension adjustment soft med or hard and a radio.
The standard bike has 5lts extra storage box under the seat were the radio goes front suspension has 15 damping settings, rear has 18 plus 25 efferent spring preloads all adjustable by hand no tools required

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:23:39 am »
G'day Animal,

I didn't think I'd use the audio and its functions, but now I do. I didn't think tyre pressure monitoring was a necessity, but I do now. I didn't think electronic suspension adjustment was a necessity, but now I do. Headlight adjustment yes....you get the drift?

In the end it's your choice how much of your hard earned beer tokens go on the bike. For mine it's the TTSE (but I'm biased).

Either way you won't be disappointed  :028:
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline Animal

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 05:21:48 am »
Thanks for your replies guys. The standard still has cruise control , abs brakes and traction control doesn't it ? X
English not British !

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 07:42:01 am »
That's correct Animal....

I got a Good Used SE for less money than a Standard Trophy....then took all the Audio bits off I wasn't going to use

Whatever you decide, you won't be disappointed

:821:
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Online johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 09:05:29 am »
With the standard you also get an extra 5 litre storage box under the seat where the radio goes on the SE.

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 09:53:23 am »
Hi

I was in the same situation last year and went for the standard. The difference is the audio, and the electronic suspension. I think TPMS is an extra as is heated grips although the switchgear is there.

MT logic was if I have luggage or pillion just give the front and rear a few click manually. It is less to go wrong. I use mp3 from my satnav through my autocom so don't need radio.

Bottom line is you pays yer money and gets yer bike. I paid £11,600 for a brand new Bike and a SE would have been another £1600. There is of course residual value to come into this as an SE may be worth a little more, but yet to see too much difference in the price of 2nd hand SE v Std.

It wasn't me !!

Offline Animal

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 10:28:14 am »
Thanks silverstripes. I am leaning towards the standard. I just wouldn't use the audio and as you say, just turn the suspension up by hand. I do want to get a satnav fitted though x
English not British !