Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Member  (Read 2268 times)

Offline DVP

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Bradford
« on: May 01, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
Hi Guys, Picked the new trophy up two weeks ago so far so good. Had been on Pan Europeans for 15 years but getting a bit long in the tooth so wanted something lighter. At the time the only option was the RT SE, you will find it very agricultural to what you are used to, the dealer said, he wasn't wrong there. The wife hated it then just before Xmas the Triumph dealer phoned to see if I would do a comparison road test. Reluctantly I agreed but boy was I pleased I did. It was like getting off a tractor and into a Rolls Royce!! Am now back in the good books with the wife. We are in a touring club that involves a lot of camping so have found your comments re the top box very useful, thanks. Hope Givi get there act together soon. I am going to introduce the Trophy to the club this weekend, 70% are die hard BMW, am expecting some abuse. Will let you know how I get on. https://www.triumph-trophy.com/Smileys/light/821.gif

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »
Hi and  :401:

You have joined a growing band of long-term Pan European riders who have switched to the Trophy.

I have been riding Pans for about 18 years and my last ST1300 is in the garage next to my new Trophy. It isn't getting ridden much now and will be sold as soon as I have prepared it.

Enjoy the Trophy.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline K6gad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Menifee, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 05:22:05 AM »
Yup! Traded in my St1300 for the Trophy SE. The ST saw nice ... The Trophy is better.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:58:32 AM »
Hi &  :400:

I was looking for a more upright riding position having ridden Sprint ST's and a GT so I had a long test ride booked on the BMW RT (before the Trophy was launched) but this was cut short by my wife as she couldn't stand the vibration through the pegs and seat!!!!! In previous posts I've always maintained that the RT was agricultural. When I returned it to the dealers and got back on my Sprint it was a breath of fresh air. And then the Trophy came out....... and the rest is history. :046:

Offline Old leather

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger,Sprint,Trophy
  • City / Town: Pinetown
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
I love the way agricultural is bandied. I went to a BMW day and parked my Tiger away from the mass production bunch. The owner of the salesroom offered me his bike to test. I took it up the hill for 2 km's and back very quickly. His bike was tricked out with all the extra "please pay more" gadgets. I got off and he was waiting for my response and I said " one word for your bike, AGRICULTURAL".
I am not allowed to go back there. Took the TT past a few times to show off.
Go your own way.

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »
I think we have to be careful here not to criticize the RT too much. It is a great bike, and I am sure Triumph would love the same sales figures on the Trophy as the RT.
I have previously owned 2 RT's and they served me well, but shall we say the Trophy is a better bike, really enjoying mine.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 07:44:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bluebird [+]
I think we have to be careful here not to criticize the RT too much. It is a great bike, and I am sure Triumph would love the same sales figures on the Trophy as the RT.
I have previously owned 2 RT's and they served me well, but shall we say the Trophy is a better bike, really enjoying mine.

Couldn't agree more the Trophy is what it is  :087: Comparisons to other bikes that have a slight resemblance or in the category " Tourer / Sports Tourer " makes no difference whats so ever. Most of us on this forum have invested in this bike  and we should enjoy it for what it is and post the good as well as the bad. :821: :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.