Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Warranty - service way overdue  (Read 1592 times)

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
Warranty - service way overdue
« on: August 16, 2015, 11:25:17 am »
Due to a very long trip I took, my bike is -2000+km past the 16,000 service. Is there a point where going past the service due will void the warranty ?

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
Re: Warranty - service way overdue
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »
Not that I'm aware of, when they stamp your service book you still need to have the major service at the right interval. It only effects re-sale value that you were late for a service. I was told this by my dealer but to be honest I've always gone over my service mileage cos I use it!  :002:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Warranty - service way overdue
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 02:32:22 pm »
Image below is from the Triumph UK Web Site - I do not kniw if the Warranty is any different in Canada.

Item 3 is the one that could trip you up where Triumph could deny any warranty claims
as the motorcycle has not been serviced at the specified intervals.

I am aware that vehicle manufacturers cannot insist that only their own Dealer network carries out Servicing,
for them too honour the Warranty terms, provided any work is done by a competent person using genuie parts
or parts of comparable quality and specification.

When you do book your Trophy in for the 16,000 Km Service,
Triumph Dealer to confirm in writing, that IF you have the Service done by them,
albeit a bit "late", that the Warranty terms will contnue.

Cheers  :821:

tweedy-bunch