Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: NE Ohio  (Read 1255 times)

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
NE Ohio
« on: August 17, 2015, 12:15:36 am »
Living in south central Ohio puts me close to many great roads in SE Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky. I ride these areas often. This weekend we decided to try a different area so wife and I grabbed a change of underwear and set off for NE Ohio on the Trophy. It has been years since we rode this area and we rediscovered some great roads and discovered some great new  roads. Routes 145, 148, 9, 39, 164, 212, 151, 800, 26 and the list goes on. One disappointment was 170, this road is in the AMA’s list of top 15 roads and for the life of me I don't know why. The only high point on 170 was Knesal’s hardware store in Petersburg, definitely a blast from the past and worth a visit. I apologize to those of you who live or ride in that area.  :431: I have ignored you for far too long and I will return. Fracking and drilling industries have really taken off in this part of the state and there is increased truck traffic because of this. We didn't have any problems, but do exercise caution because of the number of big rigs on the road.

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 K1600GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
Re: NE Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »
I know what you are talking about NavyDad, the fracking and drilling has kind of ruined my favorite short riding in North Central PA (i.e. Rts 42, 220, 6, 187 and such in that area).  Lots of slow truck traffic everywhere, but what are ya gonna do.

tweedy-bunch