Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Oil leak from the cylinder top Trophy SE  (Read 1486 times)

Offline mckillen

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bćlsta
Oil leak from the cylinder top Trophy SE
« on: August 17, 2015, 12:24:51 pm »
Hi. I have a question concerning the oil leak in my Trophy 2012/13. Triumph changed the top of my motorcycle on the warranty at about 5000 km mil due to this short valve guides. After this, I received oil leakage from the peak gasket so Triumph changed again at about 10000 km. Now, after 15500 km it starts AGAIN, oil that flows down to the bottom of the engine. Not great but you get oil on your finger to draw on the engine. Have any of you here had oil leak from the top of the engine. I'm starting to lose confidence in the Triumph motorcykle. I have had 12 different Japanese motorcycles before, new and used, but never had oil leakage. Any one with similar or same problems. ?

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
Re: Oil leak from the cylinder top Trophy SE
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:23:33 pm »
Trophy is too new, but there are many Japanese motorcycles that get oil leaks.  The concours 1400 is known to leak at the valve cover.  The Vulcan meanstreak is known to leak somewhere around the rear jug.  The voyager XII is known to leak at an o ring.  The Yamaha xs750 would seep a little oil here and there.
those are the bikes I am familiar with, but I am sure if you do a Google search you will find more examples.

Good luck getting yours sorted.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Oil leak from the cylinder top Trophy SE
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:44:08 pm »
at 45K miles, mine has signs of oil leakage too.  Lower front corner by the oil sight glass has oil on it, bit on the fairing, but not enough to ever drip.   Will see what the source is when I tear her down for next maintenance.

Had an '81 Suzuki 1100 that would suck the valve cover gasket in and paint the rider, passenger, and bike with oil.  they finally modified the gasket to hold. problem was not enough bolts holding it down, solution was to put a tab on the gasket between the bolts to prevent the long span from being sucked in..
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...