Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Paint Match for Powdercoated Wheels  (Read 2613 times)

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
Paint Match for Powdercoated Wheels
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:14:15 pm »
Hi all, I know I have seen loads of threads about the rims but has anyone managed to find the paint code number? Have quite a gouge in the rim from a stone bouncing up into the rear wheel!!!  :157: :157: Any help much appreciated as just want to touch it up before it starts the winter corrosion battle!!!  :028:

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
Re: Paint Match for Powdercoated Wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 05:32:08 pm »
I don't have a paint code number, neither did my dealer when they scratched my rear rim changing the tire. They took the rim to a paint shop and they matched the paint. They gave gave me a small bottle for touch up for future use.

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 08:45:48 pm »
Not really useful then, maybe I need to go down that road too.

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 01:33:45 pm »
At the time I had called Triumph USA and two different dealers and they could provide me with the paint codes for the body colors, but not even Triumph USA had the color code for the rims. So I just let the dealer get the paint match since they did the damage to the rim. Since your in the UK, you might want to try calling Triumph Corporate technical support, if they cant give it to you, then the color match might be the only other reasonable option.