Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cheers!  (Read 6363 times)

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Cheers!
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:07:19 am »
Hi I'm Dennis (AKA "Dsinned").   I live in Northern CA near San Francisco and I just pulled the trigger on a local dealer's leftover, 2014 SE at a GREAT PRICE, sight unseen!

I previously owned two Daytona 955i  (model years 2002 and 2004 "all black" SE), which up until now were my all time favorites, having owned nearly 30 other bikes over the last 50 years.  Sadly, my "sportbike" riding days are over.   :161: 

I fell in love with Triumph the minute I heard their awesome triple howl!  The reason I bought the new Trophy is because I am just too old to ride a sport bike anymore, but I didn't want to migrate too far away from what makes riding so much FUN and wanted to stick with a winner in terms of a Triumph triple cylinder configuration.  COMFORT is important to me now like only a bigger bike can offer, so that led me to higher torque, but still high revving 1215cc triple cylinder engine on the TTSE! 

In fact, I have been away from riding ANY bike for several years and my beautiful Daytona 955i SE has literally been collecting dust sitting in the garage all the while.  I just had a minor but successful bout with Cancer, so I am returning to what I have always enjoyed since I was just a teenager.  I want to ride at least a few more years (comfortably) before I get too much older and can't ride anymore at all. 

Actually, I was hoping to get an RV for retirement trip taking, but my finances are such that this new bike is considerably more affordable, and definitely more FUN!.  If only there is a side car available accessory, then I could take my two small dogs along for the ride.  I'll ask more question of the group here on this subject later as well as posting my first impressions of my new bike.

The only questions I have about the bike so far, which I yet to pick up from the dealer, are where are the switches for the heated seats, and are there any differences between model years other than the new black color starting in MY 2015?   :183: 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:16:39 am by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Cheers!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 02:03:25 am »
 :400: to the forum.  The switch for the grips is on the left cluster, but just because it has a switch doesn't mean you have heated grips.  The standard SE in the states does NOT come with heated grips like I thought when I bought mine.  The best solution is to buy the individual pieces at Bike Bandit for less than $100 and install them yourself if you are the least bit handy.  The heated grip kit is about $250, no since in that.  The heated seat switch should be on the seat itself, left side, also an option.  I have neither on mine, I just use heated gear and glove liners and have been out in 37 degrees without any problems, nice and toasty - even too much if you're not careful with the control.  With the wind protection the Trophy has you don't need a lot of help to stay comfortable in cold weather.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 06:22:45 am »
Hi Dennis and welcome to the forum.... hope we help you get the best from your bargain! Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:50:39 am »
 Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 07:13:16 am »
 :401: to the Forum...
Congratulations on your return to rude health, long may that continue..
Enjoy your Trophy SE - an excellent choice
 :821:
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 08:17:02 am »
Welcome to the gang  :821:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 08:26:00 am »
Hi dennis and :400: to the Club !

The switches for the Heated Seats are on the panels just next to the seats.

The riders heated seat switch is on the upper edge of the left side panel,
and the pillion heated seat switch is on the upper edge of the rear right panel  :028:

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 10:06:29 am »
Hi Dennis, welcome  :400: enjoy your new `toy' and this great Forum,  ..... :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '