Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: new seat(s) in higher position  (Read 3663 times)

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
new seat(s) in higher position
« on: August 23, 2015, 03:21:47 am »
Hi.
I did my own research wrt seats.   At 6'4" 250 here are the options I came up with.
1.  Sergeant:  They don't make a seat.  However, if you send the stock seat in they will modify it.  There's a risk of not getting it right and you no longer have a stock seat.
2.  Corbin:  They have a seat for the Trophy.  And you can keep your stock seat.   I need it to be in the high position.   I need to call them. 
3.   Russell Day Long:  They don't make a seat you would have to turn yours in like Sergeant.  this leaves you with no stock seat. 

All these options run about $500-$600.  This doesn't include postage and if you're turning yours in to Sergeant and RDlong--time.

All the other gimmics/options (beads, airhawk, doing your own foam...) don't work for me.  I tried beads and airhawk.    Does anyone have any experience with the Corbin.    Cheers Bill
Big Country

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: new seat(s) in higher position
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 06:38:42 am »
Well at 5'9" I'm headed in the opposite direction :008:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 11:09:50 am »
I have had 3 Corbin seats on 3 different motorcycles.
First thing you  is they are hard. Corbin even says they
are hard.
Second They take between 500 and 1500 miles to break in.
Third They are Wider which may make a difference in getting  your feet
to the ground.

I do not have a Corbin now and don’t think I will go back to them.

The day long is Hard to beat.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:26:00 pm »
I had a Corbin on an R1200RT and it did take about 2000 miles to break in and get comfortable.  It was OK, but it was not easy getting it made and shipped, even after they had already charged my credit card I kept getting erroneous information about the ship date from them.  It was leather, and only leather can feel like leather, love it or hate it.  If you're not so interested in heat, personally I would go get a basic rider seat somewhere and have a look at Baldwin.  One of the members here that came from a GW has had more than one and put one on his new Trophy destined for high mileage days.  It looks similar to a Russell, and it can be custom made to get you some extra height but still looks narrow in the front from his pictures.  Check out their website.  I on the other hand keep getting shorter, and I was never very tall to start with.  I do have a neighbor across the street that is 6' 10" though, so I have access to anything high off the ground - WHEN HE'S HOME!  :745:

Here is the link to the thread with pictures of the Baldwin Saddles seat:
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,4469.msg56937.html#msg56937
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:19:33 pm by trophied »
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline NOLA

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SE Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 04:22:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by bigcountry [+]
Hi.
I did my own research wrt seats.   At 6'4" 250 here are the options I came up with.
1.  Sergeant:  They don't make a seat.  However, if you send the stock seat in they will modify it.  There's a risk of not getting it right and you no longer have a stock seat.
2.  Corbin:  They have a seat for the Trophy.  And you can keep your stock seat.   I need it to be in the high position.   I need to call them. 
3.   Russell Day Long:  They don't make a seat you would have to turn yours in like Sergeant.  this leaves you with no stock seat. 

All these options run about $500-$600.  This doesn't include postage and if you're turning yours in to Sergeant and RDlong--time.

All the other gimmics/options (beads, airhawk, doing your own foam...) don't work for me.  I tried beads and airhawk.    Does anyone have any experience with the Corbin.    Cheers Bill

Big Country, I just had my seat done by Baldwin Motorbike Saddles.  You are welcome to stop by the house and check it out.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,4469.0.html

Offline big bird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hatfield PA
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 01:16:52 am »
Hi BigCountry
The best seat I ever had was a Russel Day Long, had the seat custom made for my weight and size of my butt for my 1999 BMW RT took six week to make . Cost me $1000 back in 2001 worth every penny .
BB
BB
1979 Yamaha  SR 500
2013 Suzuki 250 GW

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 12:44:03 pm »
I had my stock CTX1300 brick redone by Russell day long with heat and matching backrest   I caught one of their group sales, got it all done including heat for 1100.00 Best investment I ever made,, Planning on doing the same with my TTSE.. I just bought a second seat off of EBAY that was a dealer takeoff brand new comfort heated seat,, Sending it to RDL.. Tried Corbin and Ultimate seats,, HATED them  Corbin,,, IF you don't have hemorrhoids now  YOU will after about 500 miles on that thing
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 01:42:54 pm »
Have you tried the regular Trophy seat?  The USA model comes with the low seat which was very uncomfortable for me.

tweedy-bunch