Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph RAT Rally  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Triumph RAT Rally
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »
Had 5 days away through some beautiful countryside in Victoria and South NSW highlands.
Rally was great fun, had a couple of test rides on Sprint & Rocket. Didn't like the Sprint but the Rocket was cool!!
Stopped at my mates Mum in Law farm for scones & tea, she is 90.
Trophy was great in every respect.
Simon

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph RAT Rally
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »
more pics
Simon

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:02:08 AM »
more..
Simon

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:03:44 AM »
more..
Simon

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 05:47:08 AM »
Hi Simon , done that trip on my rocket  end of febuary , lakes entrance , eden , Jindabyne , Batlow , finishing at Husskinson, some great roads and lots of fun , Had the nagging feeling ever since that i should get a sports tourer  to do these journeys on , although theres not to many bikes can lose the rocket  even in the twisties , once you get used to it ,, but can't help but think a sports tourer might do things a bit easier .

Whats your views on the performance of the 3 bikes in the twisties , The two i've narrowed it down   too are the sprint or the trophy , i'll keep the rocket , I intend spending a lot of time riding through vic,, Tassy  and nsw  in the future.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:19:10 AM by coneye »

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »
Hi Coneye,
There is no comparison the Trophy eats it.
My mate and I both felt the same about the Sprint, didn't feel like it wants to tip into corners.
The Trophy rides and corners beautifully and with all the bits like electronic suspension, shaft drive, cruise control etc..etc its pretty hard to beat and thats not even talking engine.
Take the 2 for a ride see what you think. For me it was a big difference between the 2 bikes.
Simply nothing will match the power of the Rocket and I was surprised at how nice it was to ride. Better than my Thunderbird I think, love that grunt.
Also riding position on the Trophy is more relaxed than the Sprint which is lean forward.

Simon
Simon

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 12:06:40 PM »
Thanks for that Simon , i  have to admit the more i think about it the more i'm swayed towards the trophy , , I am starting to think the sprint might be  to lean forward for me , considering that the trophy is  considered a comfortable tourer  it  will proably do what i want better .

The rocket is awsome and funny enough like i said once used to it , you can keep up with anything  even in the twisties , its got good clearance and instant power ,   but  i think the trophy is going to win out  i'll keep the rocket  but  the bonnie i'm afraid is gonna be replaced .

cheers

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 02:10:18 PM »
I put risers on the sprint it makes a bit of difference.  Tweaked the suspension over the weekend and changed the exhaust and it feels great today.  Still not trophy good but back to how it used to feel when I first got it.

John

tweedy-bunch