Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Is there a bus to wire this GPS to?  (Read 6016 times)

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
Re: Is there a bus to wire this GPS to?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 10:55:08 pm »
I have removed the glove compartment, I have removed the fascia over the speakers and dash, I have tilted back the mirror, and for the life of me, I can't find the wiring in the instructions for hooking up the GPS.   Could someone post a photo for me of exactly what I'm looking for?   

I'm guessing that when the dealer installed the mount for the Garmin 550 I have (I'm upgrading to the 660), he might have moved stuff.   Otherwise, an hour on the garage floor and I have found nothing!

:148: :148:

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 05:05:20 am »
OK...I FINALLY found the connection.

For those that follow, that they don't repeat my mistakes, the wiring is actually NOT behind the mirror - > it is below the mirror in behind body work which is only accessible by removing the left turn signal (secured by a single bolt accessible by pulling the mirror forward), removing the signal assembly (swings out once the electrical connection is removed), and then removing the single visible bolt that was hidden behind the signal assembly.    Once this is done, the panel slides out.  Only then are the two wires for the GPS accessible.    In my case, while velcroed against the frame, they had tucked down and I had to fish for them with my fingers.   Geez!!!!!

Anyway - now that they are found, I'm planning to wired my Garmin Nuvi to the power connected.   

Final question - what type of connector is this so I can buy the correct mating piece?!

Thanks in advance!

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 01:11:05 pm »
My original post told you that it was behind the signal pod.   :038: :038:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 01:45:48 pm »
*Originally Posted by jordbarnet [+]
OK...I FINALLY found the connection.

For those that follow, that they don't repeat my mistakes, the wiring is actually NOT behind the mirror - > it is below the mirror in behind body work which is only accessible by removing the left turn signal (secured by a single bolt accessible by pulling the mirror forward), removing the signal assembly (swings out once the electrical connection is removed), and then removing the single visible bolt that was hidden behind the signal assembly.    Once this is done, the panel slides out.  Only then are the two wires for the GPS accessible.    In my case, while velcroed against the frame, they had tucked down and I had to fish for them with my fingers.   Geez!!!!!

Anyway - now that they are found, I'm planning to wired my Garmin Nuvi to the power connected.   

Final question - what type of connector is this so I can buy the correct mating piece?!

Thanks in advance!

I bought one of these 
per the instruction sheet for the cradle kit.
"For Trophy SE it is recommended to use the
Triumph Genuine Accessories Connector Kit
A9938065"  I actaully bought two (dont ask) and overpaid for shipping on both becuase I needed it fast.  I should still have one in its original bag.  I doubt I will ever need another one.  If you want it, let me know.  I'll charge you what I paid for it (less the ridiculous shipping I paid) and whatever it costs to mail it to you which should be a lot less than what the places I used charge!.  It's just a wire harness and some connectors from what I recall.  Cost about $20 U.S. 
I just reread what I wrote.  Actually, just donate $20 to a charity today (Wounded Warriers or maybe something for kids), send me your address on a PM and when I see you on the road you owe me a beer for the shipping.  The part is yours if you want it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:25:42 pm by Trophy Bike »

tweedy-bunch