Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SOLD: 2004 Daytona 955i SE - $4500/OBO  (Read 2645 times)

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
SOLD: 2004 Daytona 955i SE - $4500/OBO
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:30:16 am »
I'm the original owner and honestly, this bike is my all time favorite (after owning nearly 30 different bikes over past 50 years).  It has less than 3000 miles, never been raced or abused, and is in near mint condition.  I don't ride it anymore, because at my age (66), there is too much discomfort, so it has become a "garage queen" for the past several years.  The bike was just recently re-registered for another year in CA, and just serviced per periodic maintenance recommendations at an authorized Triumph dealer.

I'm looking for a local buyer in the Northern CA area.  The bike is currently located in San Jose, CA (50 miles South of SF).

In keeping with its all black "SE" theme, the bike has "extras" that (imho) greatly add to its value, all purchased from Triumph as genuine "made for" accessories for this bike (except for the aftermarket Li-ion replacement battery).

1. Lightweight CF/chromed, upswept exhaust (ABSOLUTELY AWESOME SOUND!) - w/stock exhaust in mint condition provided as well
2. Rear wheel splash guard
3. Single Sided Swing Arm rear axle nut, flat black, round aluminum cover
4. CF tank protector with Triumph logo
5. Shorai LiFePO4, ultra lightweight, 14AH, 12V battery (extra long life and for quicker engine starts) w/BT charging cable attached

It also has a "home made" throttle hand grip relaxer and constant speed control (easily removal).

THE bike to ride for purposes of enjoying Triumph's infamous triple cylinder "HOWLING" induction system.  It will give you goose bumps GUARANTEED!  For this reason alone I am very hesitant to sell it, but my lose will definitely be your gain!

If interested, please PM me or call Dennis at 408-406-9219.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:13:11 pm by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: 2004 Daytona 955i SE - $4500/OBO
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:18:48 am »
Are you a member on the Triumph Rat forum and did you post it there?  I would bet money you're a member there if you found this forum.  That may be a bigger market, but there are a lot of multiple Triumph owners here as well and it sounds like a sweet one.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:31:38 am »
Nope, just here.  Honestly, I'm trying my hardest not to actually part with this bike.  I LOVE IT and still can ride it, but only for short periods so as not to come home in total agony.  My 66 year old bones just can't take a sportbike's riding position anymore.  Nevertheless, the late model Daytona 995i is by far and away, the absolute VERY BEST sounding two (or four wheel) performance machine I have ever owned.  And I've owned several!  Triumph quite simply perfected the "triple howl" induction sound on this model more than any other, like a bunch of screaming banshees wailing away, almost to a deafening roarl!!!  :152:   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:39:14 am by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 03:36:00 am »
Best of luck on the "no sale".  :745:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 03:59:31 am »
I finally got around to getting this bike into the shop.  It's going to cost me ~$750 to get it back to factory fresh mechanical condition.  I rode it over to my Triumph dealer this morning and it was still an absolute hoot.  It's not even that uncomfortable at the freeway speed limit.  (Crawling around in traffic is another story.)  The awesome sound of the "triple howl" is still alive and well, and imho, one of this bike's most exhilarating qualities!  Aside from the TTSE, the 147BHP Daytona 955i SE (Special Edition) is truly a great sport bike that Triumph definitely got right!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:07:37 am by dsinned »

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:00:43 pm »
*Originally Posted by dsinned [+]
I'm the original owner and honestly, this bike is my all time favorite (after owning nearly 30 different bikes over past 50 years).  It has less than 3000 miles, never been raced or abused, and is in near mint condition.  I don't ride it anymore, because at my age (66), there is too much discomfort, so it has become a "garage queen" for the past several years.  The bike was just recently re-registered for another year in CA, and just serviced per Triumph's periodic maintenance recommendation at an authorized Triumph dealer.

I'm looking for a local buyer in the Northern CA area.  The bike is currently located in San Jose, CA (50 miles South of SF).

In keeping with its all black "SE" theme, the bike has "extras" that (imho) greatly add to its value, all purchased from Triumph as genuine "made for" accessories for this bike (except for the aftermarket Li-ion replacement battery).

1. Lightweight CF/chromed, upswept exhaust (ABSOLUTELY AWESOME SOUND!) - w/stock exhaust in mint condition provided as well
2. Rear wheel splash guard
3. Single Sided Swing Arm rear axle nut, flat black, round aluminum cover
4. CF tank protector with Triumph logo
5. Shorai LiFePO4, ultra lightweight, 14AH, 12V battery (extra long life and for quicker engine starts) w/BT charging cable attached

It also has a "home made" throttle hand grip relaxer and constant speed control (easily removal).

THE bike to ride for purposes of enjoying Triumph's infamous triple cylinder "HOWLING" induction system.  It will give you goose bumps GUARANTEED!  For this reason alone I am very hesitant to sell it, but my lose will definitely be your gain!

If interested, please PM me or call Dennis at 408-406-9219.
Great description write up.  It sounds very nice.  When you have a moment could you post some pictures?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:15:36 pm »
With stock exhaust. this is exactly the same model as my bike in this picture.  It's the "SE" (all black, Special Edition, model year 2004).  Even the frame is the same color as the bike.  Unfortunately, it is not where I can get any pics of it right now, and before I do it needs to be detailed, but I should be able to hopefully by next weekend.

. . . and here are a couple of YouTube videos of the same bike.  The first one is of a two year newer bike than mine, but otherwise the same.  The second one is also just like mine with a lot of nice close up shots of the bike.  And the last one is my favorite, although the picture quality isn't so good.  However, if the SOUND does not give you goose bumps, you're probably deaf!  At full song, imho, the late model Daytona 955i's induction and exhaust systems (even stock) make an ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT RACE BIKE SOUND!!!   :152:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyvPp6LxKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgx8NfX99mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaVkEhkOcXw
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:44:58 pm by dsinned »

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 08:24:26 pm »
Killer looking bike.  :028:  Looking forward to seeing pics of the actual bike.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST