Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: ipod connected  (Read 2583 times)

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
ipod connected
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
Connected an iPod today and went for a ride with pillion.  I found that most of the time it would play one song, show the next on the screen but not play it,  pressing the next track button it would then play the next one.  This happened 90 percent of the time.  A very few times it played tracks one after the other.  I suspect the tracks on the ipod does anyone recommend any apps to sort out bad tracks and to get an even volume.  On windows I used media monkey to level the volume but that was on windows.  I have not tried the Ipod itself to play to see if that plays ok.  I bought an iPod cheap with a broken screen as when on the bike I do not need a screen.  I held it all together with a screen protector.

John

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: ipod connected
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
I would suspect the IPod is the problem. My old would freeze when in use on the Trophy. Bought a new IPod and it works fine. It does repeat one song all the time after start up but then plays them as it should.

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:29:16 PM »
Thanks I have just downloaded media monkey that is supposed to work with iPod and I used to use it with ordinary mp3 players.  I am not an apple person but now have 2 touches.  The one not on the bike is a 32GB so if media monkey does not find any problem I will try the other one in the bike.

Someone in another post mentioned using wavs. Not sure if that is even possible on iPod?

I will keep playing that is part of the fun :002:
John

Offline K6gad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Menifee, CA
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »
I put my music on a 16 gb chip drive. Just dumped all the tracks into one folder and it plays continuously. You can place songs in folders by artist or genra or whatever and it will play a folder until you fast forward to another folder. I had to flip the ignition switch on, open the glove box, place the chip in the USB slot, close the glove box, turn the ignition off, then turn it back on and it worked. Tried a larger chip 32 gb but the bike didn't like it.
Gary

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
Thanks I found with a USB stick it played in alphabetical order and stopped after about 10.

I will try again.  I have now levelled all the volumes (well it says it has) but haven't. Tried in bike since.

Job

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
is radio failure, some work and some do not like mine that have freezing problems with mp3 and ogg, other audio formats are not recognizable WAV only, and is the only one that does not freeze when a format uncompressed

someone in England is doing a bad job

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »
I think but have no evidence to back it up that the bike is quite particular about speed of access and music format (type and compression).  When my old USB memory (it was actually an MP3 player but using as USB memory) was plugged in the system really struggled and in the end stopped.  But if you see some of the other posts they have no problems.  I have a USB memory stick with an included GSM/GPS tracker and will play with that to see if certain combinations work or not. 

Looks like I might try WAV format as that seems to be good and possibly puts less 'strain' on the speed and probably recovers from bit errors better.

john

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »
Think I have found out why some are getting no problems and other are.

My Ipod played perfectly today for the first time???  So what is different well all I did was level the volume using media monkey.  You cannot do it on the IPod because it says they are protected by DRM (apple!!!!!) which they aren't.  SO I leveled the volume on the PC and uploaded again.  Now all is perfect (except the NAV does not interrupt).  I had noticed that when I first tried it the directions came through but not the music?

So what is the problem: I think there is a squelch on the bike radio and before I leveled the volumes (and it seems to have set them all a bit higher volume) some tracks were too low to break the squelch.  Now the volume is a bit higher the NAV can't break the squelch so I get no navigation.  I could fix this by just increasing the volume on the sat nav but didn't think whilst on the bike.  The music on the sat nav is set a bit lower than the instructions so this did not break the squelch until I put that up a bit on the sat nav itself.

I am quite happy now.  I can play with the volume of the sat nav to get instructions but not blast my ear drums and my IPod works fine.  I didn't change format on the IPod just the same MP3s I had before.

John

tweedy-bunch