Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Opinions on Sena SMH5  (Read 1708 times)

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Opinions on Sena SMH5
« on: September 04, 2015, 10:29:22 pm »
Found this on AMAZON.com for about 90 bucks with two day free shipping. 

I want to communicate with my Son when we both go riding on our bikes.  The SMH5 Full-face Helmet Kit seems more than adequate for the task.  Its BT 3.0 compatible with an advertised range of 400 meters (430 yards).  I plan to use it with my audio system, as well as my iPhone 5S to listen to music while riding solo and to intercomm wirelessly with my Son.

Will I have any issues setting it up to do these things on my U.S. spec 2014 TTSE?

I still need to upgrade the software on my bike as it currently is at V1.04"A".  Is V1.04E the latest version?

Comments?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:18:58 am by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
Re: Opinions on Sena SMH5
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:02:56 pm »
This may help...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICjcN9rZuhk

I have an Smh10 and really like it.
Serial BMW rider

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Re: Opinions on Sena SMH5
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:33:32 am »
Received it this afternoon by UPS Mail.  VERY FAST DELIVERY for free!  Amazon.com is great for that aspect of buying online. 

This evening I got it installed on/in my helmet and working (paired) well within an hour with my iPhone 5S. 

WOW!!!  Fantastic!!!

Easy to install in my full face helmet and the audio sound quality is really quite remarkable for such tiny speakers!

The speakers and mic wires tuck away neatly inside the helmet's liner, such that putting on and taking it off is no problem.   I did not even need to use the velcro stickons to secure the speakers inside the helmet and they rest up right against my ears for maximum sound transfer.  The volume is loud and clear.  The SMH5's control pod is easy to operate.  The rotary "jogger" dial, its center button and the separate phone button are easily operated even with gloves on.  I can pause/resume a song at will using the center jogger button.  I haven't tried to make/place a cellular call yet on my iPhone, but with the help of "Siri" that should be a snap. 

The (female) "voice" of the SMH5 itself, is also quite helpful.

I can't wait to try it with the audio system on my bike!

As an aside, what was the first song I played to test it out?  One of my all time favorites, George Harrison's "CHEER DOWN".  Sounded absolutely terrific especially George's outstanding rythym guitar instrumentals.

Second song was Sarah Brighton's rendition of "The Music of the Night".  Magnificent!

Third song was Mike and the Mechanics, "Living Years".   Another one of my favorites.

Fourth song was Shania Twain's, "Thank You Baby!".  Terrific!

And just for good measure, lastly were three of Brian Wilson's timeless masterpieces, song by The Beach Boys, "The Warmth of the Sun", "In My Room" and "God Only Knows".

This small BT accessory definitely adds to the TTSE's riding experience . . . BIG TIME!!! 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!    :152:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:22:38 am by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

tweedy-bunch