Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Speedo  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
Speedo
« on: May 05, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »
With all the technology and engineering that goes into a bike why the hell can't they get a speedometer  calibrated correctly ? Mine at 100km is out by 8km re GPS and the diff climbs as the speed does ...!  :017:  :821:
Though still the best bike I have owner or ridden ...! Except for wind influence hope the new Calsci screen helps somewhat ... :821:

Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: Speedo
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »
The speedo and the mirrors suck. My only 2 real complaints.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »
When I reprogrammed my sprint I reset the speedometers to be accurate.  It actually asked what percentage over do I want?  I put 0 and the speedometers is consistent with steady GPS.  I take it that the trophy is the same but I cannot connect my obd tester to the bike.  There are lots of warnings not to do it yourself  :084: take it to a dealer?  I was thinking of getting a dealer tool to do stuff myself.

John

Offline K6gad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Menifee, CA
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
John348-
How did you "reprogram" your Sprint? I know of several products that correct the speedo readout but didn't know it could be corrected on the bike.
Gary

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
I use tuneboy (paid for and extra for each additional bike) and tuneECU (free).  In tuneboy you can choose sprocket sizes and percentage over and it works put the numbers for you.  I also usethe OBD for uploading new tunes (aftermarket exhaust).  TuneECU seems to be as good and might do the same.  I do not see why not.  The setting was a bit hidden.

Triumph have stopped it on the new models and give dire warnings about invalidating warranties.   Shame.  I might have to get the dealer tool.

The triumph dealer tool is expensive but there is a supplier called dealertool?  That says it works.

John

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:31:31 AM »
The one over on the explorer forum went in for a group buy on the Dealer Tool. It seems to work for them. The old Tuneboy and Tune ECU will lock your ECU and will need  a factory reset.