Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Passenger Grab Rail paint  (Read 1980 times)

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 triumph trophy
Passenger Grab Rail paint
« on: September 11, 2015, 12:27:18 am »
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone out there has had issues with the paint on the passenger grab rail chipping easily? My wife was wearing jeans and where they rubbed on the grab rail the gray paint chipped away to the base white(and she is by no means big :015:)

It's happened in a few other spots as well when she wasn't aboard.....

Seems like cheap and/or insufficient coats of paint. :009:

Ride safe(and fast)
Dirk

Offline robbie1401

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: llanelli, Wales
Re: Passenger Grab Rail paint
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:55:29 pm »
I've been disappointed with the general paintwork on my 2014 se. The blue paint  seems very soft and marks easily. The black paint on the frame by the footrests has worn away and like you, the grab rails are chipped. I have seen a Trophy with "carbon fibre" pattern decal on the grab rails, looked good.

Offline TrophyGuy2014

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Memramcook
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:12:42 am »
I use textiles traps on the grab rails to fasten my tent bag and camping mattress and noted as well that the paint appears to be "scuffed" ... .
KI

Offline CecilSaxon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE~ SOLD
  • City / Town: Middle TN
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 02:52:47 am »
Mine came with a chip on the grab rail fresh off the show room floor. I thought it was a feature.

Offline bikerbob

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200SE
  • City / Town: Shrewsbury
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 05:53:54 pm »
I have a tail pack mounted on my rack via good quality bungees with a plastic hook and have also had the paint rub off much to my annoyance. As you say it seems to be very thin and the only solution is to protect it in some way. I've tried some decals without much luck - looked grotty anyway, so now have some cheap rubber mesh cut to size and duck taped on over the vulnerable bits for the time being. Not pretty, but effective until I can find a better solution. 
Lambretta LI 150, Triumph Tiger Cub, Honda C70, Honda CB175, CB125 Twin, CB250, CB500, CB550, Suzuki 400, Kawasaki Z400 and a BMW R90/6, Kawasaki GT550, Triumph Daytona 900, Triumph Trophy1200, Triumph Trophy 1215 SE

tweedy-bunch