Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Wanted: Triumph heated rider seat  (Read 1738 times)

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Wanted: Triumph heated rider seat
« on: September 21, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »
Open to buy either standard or lower height version of heated seat with all necessary chassis wiring and rocker switch connections.  I'm located in SF Bay Area in CA.
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
Re: Wanted: Triumph heated rider seat
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 05:01:11 am »
I have the comfort heated seat with triumph wiring and rocker switch.. used about 1 month,, then upgraded to Russell day long heated saddle
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »
In all my years of riding I can never remember saying to myself, "my ass is cold." However, since my upgrade to a Std height seat came with heat, I have to say it's kind of nice and I use it regularly in conjunction with my other heated gear. It does add to overall comfort. Had a little spin this morning @ 0Dark:30 and it was good.

Studley

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:26:56 pm »
Yes, in my old age, I just want to have all the comfort I can possibly have on my bike.  A heated seat is probably overkill since I usually don't ride when its really cold.  Nevertheless, I wound up ordering this accessory from an out of State dealer up North selling on ebay at a slight discount ($40 off list, no tax, free shipping).

Sorry kniterider, your reply came to me a couple of days too late, but if you post a"For Sale" ad here, you should be able to easily find someone else interested in an upgrade to their stock TTSE seat. 

I'm a bit worried about the raised height (~1" higher vs. stock) of the comfort rider's seat, as I was just "okay" with the low rider seat height positioned to the lowest setting.  I'm 5'-11" tall with a 29" inseam, so I think I'm probably better off riding with  the lower stock seat, especially in stop n go.   I wish I could of tried it out before buying, especially at such a lofty price, but I'm hoping, if necessary, I can retrofit the stock seat with the heater from the comfort seat and then sell the comfort seat - sans heater - to someone else here.  Has anybody else tried this?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:24:47 pm by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:17:13 pm »
I AM ALSO VERICALLY CHALLENGED  Like about a 27-28 inch inseam.  But on my long rides I needed my legs UNcrimped. and the trophy is not designed for that. And I could not find any peg lowers like all the other touring bikes have.  So I went with a taller Russell saddle and then lowered the bike.  Now my doctor is happy,  he absolutely hated the extreme knee angle when I was using my lower seat at the lower mounting position..  He said I was just waiting to have a DVT and cause a blood clot with that poor seating position.  I used soupy adjustable links to lower the rear end and then slid the fron tubes up higher to lower the fron to keep everything balanced
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

tweedy-bunch