Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello all  (Read 6868 times)

Offline CecilSaxon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE~ SOLD
  • City / Town: Middle TN
Hello all
« on: September 22, 2015, 01:41:47 am »
I am within days of buying my first Trophy, the dealerships are duking it out now to meet my price. Before deciding upon the Trophy I test rode the normal challengers, Concours, FJR1300, RT and even a Victory Vision to make sure I was not a secret lover of the cruising kind.

I found my Goldilocks moment with the Trophy and I have been riding long enough to recognize that as a sure sign of a good match. I have owned 3 Hondas and 2 Suzukis over the last 20 years and ridden many more. The last two long term (12 years total) with seat heights over 31".

The test ride was relatively short but I learned enough, smooth engine, strong handling characteristics with enough pleasant noise from the engine to make me giggle a bit. I did not find it too tall even at 5'9 1/2". The center stand was a breeze as was stopping with one foot inclines/declines. I never once turned on any of the techno goodies (save the adjustable windshield), I will get to the others later. The most complex features I have ever had on a bike was EFI and ABS anyway. Looking forward to learning the systems and what all the features can do. The only things I might let bother me are bug guts on the pretty blue paint and explaining why the luggage ain't broke just because it wiggles a bit.

Pics to come shortly.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 04:12:22 am »
Welcome to the  Forum  :400: and of course excellent choice on the Trophy.  I'm sure you won't regret it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:05:26 am by w8d4it »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline TTSE14

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Blue TTSE
  • City / Town: Cambridge IL
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:55:02 am »
Welcome CecilSaxon, I too am a new Forum member that has received a warm welcome here.  I just purchased a new leftover 2014 blue TTSE for a really good price, and am in the process of breaking it in.  I'm at 150 miles until the first required 500 mile service. So far I really like it. The only negative perception so far is a lot of gear noise that my Goldwing 1500 didn't have.  Maybe a full face helmet or ear plugs would help.
2014 - Trophy SE - Pacific Blue
1988 - Honda Goldwing (Sold)

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:13:23 am »
Welcome aboard!  You're gonna really get spoiled riding the Trophy.  Take your time and learn all the gadgets one at a time.  They get pretty easy to use after some repetition.  I'm 5'9" as well, and although the top-heaviness took some getting used to, the bike feels very natural to me now.  And I've always expected someone to mention the wiggling side cases, but no one ever has!  Enjoy!

:401:
STONEY

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 06:15:20 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum... a great choice and hope we can help you get the best from it!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 06:44:24 am »
 :400:  to two more new members, Cecil Saxon and TTSE14.  Our numbers are growing.  Seems like there has been a surge in new TT(SE) sales of late, probably because a lot of dealers are finally deep discounting their leftovers.   :062:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:04:01 am by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Online Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 07:41:31 am »
welcome aboard  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 08:23:58 am »
Hi CecilSaxon, welcome to the Club  :400:  your going to love that `TT' when you get it,  enjoy .......  :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '