Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What to do...  (Read 5512 times)

Offline FLLawman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TT SE
  • City / Town: Gainesville
What to do...
« on: September 22, 2015, 01:47:03 am »
Ok, so I have $1000 in promotional accessories to choose. I have a chosen a few things but I was wondering what you felt about the comfort seats vs. stock and the touring wind screen vs. stock. I'm 5'9 and my better half is 5'7. With the stock screen I do fine but I want her to feel comfortable too. Same with the seats. I already got a top box, shop manual and a couple of shirts with the first $1000! :046:

Thanks.
My cynicism is directly affected by my pessimism which comes from my sarcasm which generally produces a general lack of optimism. Otherwise I'm a very happy guy!

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: What to do...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:58:58 am »
The comfort seat is a definite improvement if you are spending much time in the saddle.
I would think with your height the touring screen would be a waste of money.
Good luck.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 08:33:11 am »
+1 on that,  :028:   and if still cash left over  also a front fender extender  ( and RG  Rad / pipe guard if the Dealer can supply it in the deal )    :018:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:38:24 am by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:45:03 am »
I would suggest a rear fender extension unless fitted. I have the side pannier inner bags well worth it, I just put a small rucksack in the top box. But now run mainly with only side panniers unless really need the top box.

+1 on the other suggestions. I did purchase for really cold weather heated gloves I think triumph do some as well. They certainly help along with the heated grips. :190:

seadog :002:
seadog

Offline FLLawman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »
The side panniers and the trunk bag are already on the list as well as a tank bag. The 2014 came with a rear fender extender so I will look at the front one as well. I have heated gloves as well as grips. Just trying to squeeze everything I can out of these promotional coupons because if you don't use it you lose it! :151:
My cynicism is directly affected by my pessimism which comes from my sarcasm which generally produces a general lack of optimism. Otherwise I'm a very happy guy!

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 02:01:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by FLLawman [+]
The side panniers and the trunk bag are already on the list as well as a tank bag. The 2014 came with a rear fender extender so I will look at the front one as well. I have heated gloves as well as grips. Just trying to squeeze everything I can out of these promotional coupons because if you don't use it you lose it! :151:

Is this limited to Triumph accessories or can you buy other Triumph stuff like apparel or a coffee mug?

Offline FLLawman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:06:43 pm »
Anything Triumph from their catalog.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by FLLawman [+]
Anything Triumph from their catalog.

I wouldn't buy anything for my bike that I would't spend my own money on. After that, I'd look at apparel and a dodads.

tweedy-bunch