Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Had Enough  (Read 16701 times)

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Had Enough
« on: September 25, 2015, 05:56:51 pm »
One week after replacing the clutch slave cylinder, the damn audio won't recognize my iPod any longer.  I've contacted BMW of Austin to see when I can get a test ride on the new BMW S100XR adventure bike.  It's based on the S1000RR.  It looks like its a competitor to the Ducati Multistrada.  There are not a lot of BMWs I'd consider since I don't want a boxer, but this is one of them.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
Re: Had Enough
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 06:07:28 pm »
If you do go boxer   get the optional oil cooler.. The boxers suck in heavy summer heat traffic.  Clutch lever gets butt ugly after about 30 minutes of creeping along in stalled traffic
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 06:10:41 pm »
Not interested in a boxer.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 06:18:21 pm »
Ernest T, don't consider leaving us!  You've made too many valuable contributions.  Also before you blame the Trophy don't forget that the iPod cables are very sensitive.  I can tell you from experience that even Apple certified cables fail.  So you may have power to your iPod but the Trophy still won't see it.  I'd check with another cable before giving up on the Trophy. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:52:38 pm »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Ernest T, don't consider leaving us!  You've made too many valuable contributions.  Also before you blame the Trophy don't forget that the iPod cables are very sensitive.  I can tell you from experience that even Apple certified cables fail.  So you may have power to your iPod but the Trophy still won't see it.  I'd check with another cable before giving up on the Trophy.

That's the plan, I have two other cables to try out, then I'll take out the pocket to see if it's the cable connected to the plug.  Truly, if there was a bike I liked as much as the Trophy I'd already be on it.  The FJR and Concours don't entice me and the ST-1300 is too old.  The Wing is too large and I'm not sold on the K1600.  I've ridden the Triumph Explorer and didn't like the riding position and the boxer engine has no appeal.  The Moto Guzzi dealer network is too small so that leaves the new BMW and maybe the Multistrada.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 07:29:26 pm »
I've read complaints about buzzy engine that makes your fingers numb with the inline 4 BMW.  Test ride the one you might buy.

Offline Tankertruck

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Uxbridge, MA
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 11:47:25 am »
Definitely test ride an s1000xr first. I had numb hands after cruising on the highway after 15 minutes. The newmulti was nice for 1 up riding though, just not for 2-up for my wife and I.

That being said,  I live 15 minutes from bren tuning who has been developing a tune that supposedly smooths that out on the bmw.  It's just not out yet. And supposedly new bar end weights help too.  So there could be hope if you go that route.

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »
Surely it is cheaper to fix the radio than change the bike :084:

Or are you fed up with the Trophy and talking yourself into changing the bike.

seadog
seadog