Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: garmin zumo350  (Read 1316 times)

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: gloucester
garmin zumo350
« on: September 27, 2015, 06:43:25 pm »
hi guys
has anyone used this model of sat nav if so is it any good before I fit it to the bike
cheers
speedo

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: garmin zumo350
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:40:55 pm »
You will likely get more answers if you post this question in the Audio, Sat Nav, and Intercom section.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline skiprat

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:49:31 pm »
used the 350LM for last year and this years trips to europe, down as far as Istanbul through Greece and some of the Islands and most of the eastern europe countries not included in the installed maps, some areas had better coverage than others but even Albania, Macedonia and nieghbours had basic roads shown with directions. It also was very good at listing campsites when searched for and directions from your present posistion. Mine is mounted on the sat nav fitting, with some adjustments, on a non SE Trophy, powered via a relay from the battery and communication to my helmet through a Scala Rider Solo. So with lifetime maps it should be good for a while yet,  :114:, er thats the 350LM lifetime :008:.

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:38:29 am »
I've been using the Zumo 350LM for a couple of years now without any issues. Except one time I broke the glass, sent it to Garmin and they replaced it for $45.00 US. Two reasons I went with the 350LM. I got a great deal on it on Black Friday at 50% off, it was also the only one at the time with the anti glare screen which in sunny Florida its needed. I wear a full face Scorpion modular helmet with a Sena SMH 10 installed. I connect my phone and the Zumo to the Sena headset and it has worked flawlessly. I listen to music (internet radio thru the phone), make and receive calls and hear the turn by turn voice commands from the Zumo. If you'd like to see it in action in and out of the sun, heres a video of it mounted on my Bonneville while riding at Deals Gap North Caroline last year. You can clearly see it in the sunlight without a sun visor over it. Fast forward to the 1.30 minute mark and it will start to show up on the video. https://youtu.be/_q26hMiqc7A

tweedy-bunch