Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another Newbie Topic  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Diver

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Another Newbie Topic
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:22:04 pm »
Instead of starting another newbie thread, I thought I'd recycle this one.
Waiting to pick up my Trophy this Friday.. Trading in my 2012 Explorer and my cherished 2010 Sprint ST 1050, I reckon the Trophy will easily replace the both of  them. Also have a Storm, as some of my mates own Harleys and the Storm fits better when riding to the tea bar with them. lol
The long haired gruppenfuhrer has decreed that my bike collection was overdue a cull, ( I also have a 1979 250N Superdream,) so very happy to oblige.
Chose the TT standard and having read this thread am happy that I won't miss the extra bells and whistles of the SE, I use ACS moulded ear pieces for music and have Bluetooth in the hat so that takes care of the radio issue, electric suspension. hmmmm might have been nice, but wtf, I'll get by.
It's the blue one, as obviously they are the fastest, and the dealer has added, heated grips, seats, top box and sat nav, so I reckon that'll do.
Booked in for 500 mile service on the Monday, as Friday after collection it's off to the RTTW, so if you see someone on a new shiny T, with a grin that doesn't fit inside the helmet...that's me !

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Another Newbie Topic
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:23:15 am »
Hi Diver and welcome :400:

You might not get as many as you would normally get recycling someone else's post so I would say start your own... but none the less... welcome
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:49 am »
Hi Diver, welcome to the Forum  :400:   .    I also had both the 1050 ST and then an Explorer, neither can compare to the Trophy,  just now ride and enjoy    :305:      :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »
Hello Diver, Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Trophy Moderator

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 08:10:10 pm »
Hi-Jacked Topic Split from original !

Trophy Moderator

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 08:45:05 am »
welcome aboard Diver :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline CecilSaxon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE~ SOLD
  • City / Town: Middle TN
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 02:59:01 am »
*Originally Posted by Diver [+]

Booked in for 500 mile service on the Monday, as Friday after collection it's off to the RTTW, so if you see someone on a new shiny T, with a grin that doesn't fit inside the helmet...that's me !

I picked up my bike on a Thursday morning and had the 500 mile service done that Saturday as soon as they opened at 0900.  :001: It was too easy to put the miles on it, harder to maintain the breaking guidelines.

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 03:09:14 am »
How much were you charged for the 500 mile service?  Other than changing the oil and filter, did they take off the fairing and check all nuts and bolts for proper tightness?
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

tweedy-bunch