68 (38.6%)
Twice
33 (18.8%)
3 times
14 (8%)
More than 3 times
12 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Has anyone ever dropped their bike?  (Read 39134 times)

Offline Oransay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Williamsburg
Re: Has anyone ever dropped their bike?
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2017, 11:09:11 am »
*Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
I didn't really drop it, I pushed it over to get some water that got into the right panel to drain out after washing it. :745:

That is the result of a wet slick floor and trying to put it on the center stand wearing tennis shoes.  A slip of the shoe and uh oh.

The beauty is as soon as it tipped over I had fluid hissing out of the side of the bike.  I thought no way...wth?  It turned out that the bike landed on the fully charged water hose.  It burst the hose, but cushioned the fall directly under the pannier. :002: 

The result was a slight scratch that buffed out.  That is not normally my luck!

Saved by a water hose, brilliant!

I dropped my Aprilia on top of my kayak once, nary a blemish. How did you pick her up with your boat in the way?

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »
*Originally Posted by Oransay [+]
Saved by a water hose, brilliant!

I dropped my Aprilia on top of my kayak once, nary a blemish. How did you pick her up with your boat in the way?

There was enough room to squeeze between the trailer and bike. 

Offline Jersey24

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2017
  • City / Town: Freehold NJ
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2021, 01:11:20 am »
I noticed that no one has had a drop in quite a while so reporting my first on the TTSE today. Low speed stall in the driveway while turning out. Slow motion and I rolled away to clear the danger zone. RG Bars did great and I see one scratch on the muffler and a small hit on the right blinker. The adventure bars look like they bent in a little as they now almost touch the hot air exhaust venting. It was bound to happen was my only thought as I lifted it back up. I have been close a few times and its always low speed while turning and sometimes on a slanted surface, or slippery rocks under foot while backing up. The Versys went over once while idling and unattended. Other bikes were lighter and easier to recover from an angle. This Trophy rolled off to the side like my doggy or maybe a turtle came to mind when I was flipping the kick stand out to right it. Stay safe guys.

Offline Paul

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Lunar Silver SE
  • City / Town: Chicago area
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2021, 02:49:29 pm »
I still haven't figured out how I dropped mine, but 2 years ago I managed to lose control when I pushed it off the center stand. It was back when I had to park parallel to the garage door and behind my car in the garage. I think I had it too far forward and hit the chain link divider between the stalls and down it went. Luckily the crash bars absorbed most of the impact, but I did more damage trying to use a floor jack to lift it back up. I got it about 12" up and the bike rolled off the jack pad and right back down again. The jack dented the right side upper fairing and scratched it in a few other spots.

Offline Minch13nz

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2013
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2021, 10:39:27 am »
Ahhh yep I have. The bad news was The shop still owned it. The good news was after I dropped it in the drive I had to buy it, much to my wife’s horror.
Only borrowed it for an hour to see if she would like it on the back.
Best thing I ever did.

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2021, 12:32:08 pm »
What dropped it, or let her on the back.  :164: :008:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2021, 03:37:12 pm »
Perhaps this can help you if you drop the motorcycle and you are alone to lift it:

Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
  • Triumph fan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2013, Sprint ST
  • City / Town: Hann. Muenden
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2021, 07:30:37 pm »
Dropped mine today.
after 5.45h of net driving time I had to stop on a T-crossing of s steep hill. Had to stop hard, pillion moved, a bit, so I was a little out of position, downhill leg wasn't long enough, so I glid through my hands.
Entirely my fault. Unconcentrated, misjudgement of traffic, and a steep entry to a downhill road.
My wife tried her best but couldn't do anything, I tried my best, but I knew it happens NOW.
Both unhurt, no damage to the  bike apart some scratches on the TRALEX CRASH BARS,.
Man, they made my day! Tralex, you're a genius! I'm so glad I installed the bars. They caught all the energy. I lifted the bike standing backwards to it without issues (note, next time put downn side stand before lifting the bike, in case your wife is not around!)

These crash bars are the best investment ever!
We weren't hurt,  we weren't shocked, we just got on with the tour.

Thank you Tralex!
"the hair rising sound of a triple"