Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Does Triumph ever discount accessories online/retail?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline PoconoTTSE

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Poconos
Does Triumph ever discount accessories online/retail?
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »
Hello all, bit the bullet yesterday and moved from a Honda VTX 1800 -was a great highway bike, twisties not so much; and while all I have is a t-shirt for now my TTSE should be in in a few days, had to finalize and pay for deal before end of month since its always some great mystery as to whether Triumph will extend its incentives, which was for me the $1,500 in accessories.  Which brings me to the actual question, obviously I want to maximize my incentive dollars and wanted to know whether as the winter sets in do they do any sales, say around the Holidays.  I have until December 29 to use the vouchers. $1,500 will get me pretty much what I want, Top Box, heated grips and a few other odds and ends but I have no problem waiting a little bit if they do some annual sale/discount.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does Triumph ever discount accessories online/retail?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 02:28:42 pm »
I bought my bike in December and also got the $1500 in incentives. My dealership also gave me 10% off ANY purchases for 12 months. The 10% had nothing to do with Triumph, it is just something the dealership does with new bike sales. Wouldn't hurt to ask. As far as any deals or sales from Triumph I haven't seen anything.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 03:19:53 pm »
First Welcome to the Forum :400:  Second work with your dealer rather than buying online.  You want to keep a good dealer in business and local for your needs.  You aren't going to be able to buy your service work on line.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 K1600GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 04:46:16 pm »
 :400: PoconoTTSE, don't know where you bought your bike but Hermys BMW/Triumph (where I bought mine) is having their annual Octoberfest this Sat.   I have never attended it but maybe they will have some kind of dealer sale since it getting towards the end of the season.  Just a maybe.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 08:18:21 pm »
You should have negotiated a discount at the time of purchase.  Not sure if you can use those vouchers anywhere, but pure-triumph online vendor out of Florida does 10 percent discount on accessories when you meet their criteria.  No sales tax for out of state, and free shipping on an order like you will make.

I didn't get vouchers when I bought mine.  The incentive was a free top box and free heated grips.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 03:18:21 pm »
Hi PoconoTTSE and :400: to the Club !

You're probably better off speaking to the Dealer that you bought the Trophy from,
as they should know if THEY are going to offer any promotional end of year discounts,
that you could use your Vouchers on.

Some Dealers ( at least in the UK - mine did ) - will offer a discount off accessories
that are purchased at the same time as buying the Trophy.
Mine fitted them for free too ( Sat Nav Bracket, Front Fender Extender, Alarm ),
and there's no harm in asking !  :028:

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 03:47:58 pm »
 :400: and  :821:

Good luck with the deals!

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline PoconoTTSE

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Poconos
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 05:57:31 pm »
All good points above and yes having a good dealer local is a great thing and I will indeed support them, they have gotten a few negative reviews for being, shall we say less than forthcoming with info, like sales and rebates coming, so I figured it might be best to post here to the 'consumers' who have actual field experience.  A Florida Dealer, which is 1500 miles from here would have beaten the bike purchase deal by $ 200.00 online (including shipping), but like another post said I can't get my service online so it was $200 well spent to keep the business local.  Thanks again all  :821: and I am sure I will check back to the Forum here often for tips and updates over hopefully many years of trouble free riding.

P.S.  To my UK posters here, thanks for your input as well and I have a very good friend who lives up in Nottingham who owns a HD Super Wide Glide and is shocked at my purchase of the Trophy (not too shocked) but is glad I at least kept the purchase to an Allied made bike!

tweedy-bunch