Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Grip Puppies  (Read 2302 times)

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lake Worth, FL
Grip Puppies
« on: September 30, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »
First of all, let me apologize if this has been discussed somewhere in the forum.  I searched but couldn't find anything.

I have noticed that the hand grips on the TTSE are much small in diameter than I am used to.  I found something call "grip puppies" that a buddy suggested, that slip on over the hand grips and make them a little bigger.  My question is, has anyone tried these and if so, do they interfere with the heated grips?  Now, granted, I live in south Florida, so heated grips aren't actually too much of a concern, but just curious if they would in case we happen to get a day or two below 50!   :190:

Thanks all!

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »
I had them on my Trophy. They smother the heat a little but I would not have been without them when I had the bike.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 07:11:58 pm »
I got GRAB ONs for my TTSE which are essentially the same as Grip Puppies.  I found on Amazon.com at a much lower price.  I like them because they were at the right length already, 4.25" long, so no cutting to fit on the stock grips was necessary.  Also, I think some additional grip insulation thickness helps prevent overheating from the optional grip heaters and helps slightly to hold the throttle grip better while operating the CC ROCKER switch.
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:24:37 pm »
These things are like 10 bucks. i wear mine out every season. So i suggest you put them on once the weather hits a temperature that you'll need them. Then leave them on untill the weather heats up, then cut them off and replace them with a new set when it get chilly again.

GreyGoose

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »
*Originally Posted by Greygoose [+]
These things are like 10 bucks. i wear mine out every season. So i suggest you put them on once the weather hits a temperature that you'll need them. Then leave them on untill the weather heats up, then cut them off and replace them with a new set when it get chilly again.

GreyGoose

Make that 22 bucks. I'm going to try them with my heated grips ,but i tend to replace these yearly due to wear.

Greygoose

Offline N3zat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: SE Pa.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:01 pm »
 I got 3 pair from Shipinholes for 10.00 bucks they are just as good as the other brands that I have used .
N3ZAT

Offline N3zat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: SE Pa.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 11:57:16 pm »
 I mentioned to say Shinhopples
N3ZAT