Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Test Ride  (Read 5876 times)

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black 2016 TTSE
  • City / Town: Ojai
Test Ride
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:43:43 pm »
Hello everyone, I currently own a 2012 Concours and ride it daily (25,000 mile a year...give or take) but have plans on buying a new Trophy end of 2016 so I thought I'd get a "head-start" in getting involved with the forum, getting to know people and learning all I can about the Trophy before I actually become a proud owner of the Trophy! I am really excited and looking forward to getting mine! I test rode a 2014 and fell in love...it was awesome!

The wife and I are paying off "unnecessary debt" first before I go and commit to payments which is why I'm waiting till end of 2016 (October of 2016 is our "debt free" date). If I find out the Trophy will make big changes for 2017 I will wait for that model to come out otherwise it'll be a 2016.

I am looking forward to reading everyone's posts and learning what I can from you that are fortunate enough to own the Trophy :020:!

So, beer, coffee, soda or whatever it is you drink on me :821:!

Mike

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Test Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:  Make mine  Bulmers (Magners in the UK) please
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 11:00:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Welcome to the Forum :400:  Make mine  Bulmers (Magners in the UK) please

LOL...you got it!

Thank you for the "welcome"!

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:24:54 am »
I think the list of items that most of us would like to see changed/added is pretty short and minor for the most part - except mine.  My wish list involves dynamic suspension, but I don't think I could convince the wife I NEED to trade mine if it shows up on a future Trophy.  I noticed from your other post that you have already excluded most of the competition for your new ride.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:37:36 am »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
I think the list of items that most of us would like to see changed/added is pretty short and minor for the most part - except mine.  My wish list involves dynamic suspension, but I don't think I could convince the wife I NEED to trade mine if it shows up on a future Trophy.  I noticed from your other post that you have already excluded most of the competition for your new ride.

Yep, have never cared for either the FJR or ST and BMW is just too expensive (I have a wife that has say in what I/we spend). Putting those issues aside, I really liked the Trophy I rode and knew in my heart that it was either the Concours or the Trophy. I have heard (through unconfirmed sources) that the Concours is supposed to go through a big change for the 2017 model. It hasn't been confirmed but that's the latest "rumor" and we all know how those go! Bottom line is this, my main and preferred mode of transportation is the bike and I am going to buy something that I will enjoy riding every day, something I can get excited about riding every day and something that will take me long distance comfortably and the Trophy is the bike I feel will do that best for me and my wife.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 12:47:37 am »
It isn't my only mode of transportation, but it is good enough to me that it could be if necessary.  The Concours does have the price advantage, but I don't know if that will make the transition if they redesign it.  I didn't like the riding position for my old bones on the FJR or the VFR either for that matter, and the ST is very dated now.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 12:57:38 am »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
It isn't my only mode of transportation, but it is good enough to me that it could be if necessary.  The Concours does have the price advantage, but I don't know if that will make the transition if they redesign it.  I didn't like the riding position for my old bones on the FJR or the VFR either for that matter, and the ST is very dated now.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do have a car and a truck but I refuse to drive on these freeways (1.5 hours to drive 40 miles home vs 40 minutes on the bike) plus I enjoy riding more than i do driving...just my thing I guess!

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 08:41:09 am »
Hi Mike 2411

Welcome to the forum. Yep she is a great ride and we all hope you enjoy when you get her.

Don't worry we all have a wife who had a say in what we spend  :192:
It wasn't me !!

tweedy-bunch