Heated low rider seat by Stefra
[Today at 05:31:24 am]

Fourth Gear All-Time? by LarryJa
[Yesterday at 10:35:04 pm]

Suspension Upgrades,What Have You Done? by mznyc
[Yesterday at 08:47:52 pm]

Hi there! by Stefra
[Yesterday at 08:39:51 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bag liner options  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Bag liner options
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:20:32 pm »
 Been reading about the triumph bag liners for my new trophy, and they seem to have mixed reviews. I did see another set of Cee bailey bag liners for the panniers that look pretty nice. What's the general recommendation for The trophy.  The consensus seems to be that the triumph liners are too stiff and don't fit quite right. The Cee Bailey liners looked a bit softer and look to form much more of the pannier and are priced soso

Interested in your experience with either

Greygoose

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
Re: Bag liner options
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:33:21 pm »
I suppose they could be considered to be on the stiffer side of the spectrum.  Never gave it much thought.  Mine fit perfectly.  Just like they were made for the panniers.  Having said that, make sure the shoulder strap is stuffed up inside.  And, I removed the elastic straps from the panniers.   Seems to make things a bit easier with the liners.

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:36:39 pm »
*Originally Posted by BigD [+]
I suppose they could be considered to be on the stiffer side of the spectrum.  Never gave it much thought.  Mine fit perfectly.  Just like they were made for the panniers.  Having said that, make sure the shoulder strap is stuffed up inside.  And, I removed the elastic straps from the panniers.   Seems to make things a bit easier with the liners.

+1 on that,  mine are  also a perfect fit and easy to use, they get more supple with use and look the part........ : :028:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline grampom

• Trophy Member
  • Distance riding with spouse on month-long rides!!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Ooltewah, TN
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:54:12 am »
The Trophy is "a copy" of the BMW R1200RT.  As such, I found that the Whitehorse Gear bags for the BMW fit the Trophy perfectly.  That is the side bags and the top trunk.  Whodathunk they would be interchangeable!?
'76 Honda CB 400, 2002 Yamaha 650 Classic
2005 Victory T C, 2008 Yamaha Royal Star
2009 Honda Goldwing, 2011 BMW R 1200 RT
2011 BMW GS 650, 2012 BMW F 800 R, 2013 Triumph Street Triple, 2005 Suzuki DR650; Current: 2013 TTSE, 2014 Bonnie

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 04:14:42 am »
I didn't like the way they fit.  They are stiff  stiff enough that although contoured to the panniers and top box that they leave extra space. when I pack for a long trip I need every inch of room available. Others have commented they like the bags to carry in to the hotel and use the odd leftover space to fit in odds and ends. I guess that means they finish packing outside.  As for me I prefer to carry the panniers and top box in and completely pack in the comfort of my room.  I find it less difficult to unlock and remove the panniers than to pull the liners. Did the liner routine for just one 2500 mile trip. Wasn't wortwhile
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 06:21:44 am »
I'm definitely in the liner camp. I have the Triumph ones and yes, a little stiff but well made and affordable. Much easier when it comes to carrying everything you need into a hotel at the end of a leg on a trip.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 08:01:07 pm »
I bought the Cee Baileys bags a few years ago for my R1200RT (still have them) I bought the Triumph bags for the Trophy because I did not like the way the Cee Bailey bags fit in the Trophy pannier. (too floppy) So, for me, the stiffer design works better. Both are good quality bags BTW.
Serial BMW rider

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 08:41:11 pm »
I'm with w8d4it.  I've used them a couple of times and since I haven't been making any long trips they kind of sit on a shelf in the garage holding winter gear and miscellaneous stuff I don't need for short day trips.  I think it would be just as easy and more comfortable depending on the weather on long trips to just remove the cases and take them in as it would be to use the liners, and they do leave some wasted space due to the contour of the side cases.  If I was still working though I would probably use them to take into the office for all the incidentals to make myself presentable after arriving.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:44:31 pm by trophied »
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies