Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Good Aux Lighting That Fits A Trophy  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Good Aux Lighting That Fits A Trophy
« on: October 02, 2015, 07:00:10 pm »
Up front qualifier. These are not the brightest lights I have ever seen. That title lies with the Hella FF 200 HID's. However the Rigid Industries 91531H SRQ2 High/Low Driving Light Set http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/91531h do what the Hella's do not.

I wanted a set of reasonably priced LED's that did not look out of place on the Trophy yet offered reasonable performance. Daytime visibility is a priority more than night time performance since I try to limit my night riding. [Rod/cone ratio, Central Serous Retinopathy, + 1 night time animal strike is enough]

I chose the Rigid's for the following reasons. A reasonably sized LED that is mountable on the Trophy. Great daytime visibility. Low & Hi Beam with a Driving lamp pattern that is not a ditch light. I'll say "fair to good" down road punch for an LED with ~3100 Lumens on High Beam. The Clearwater, Ericas http://www.clearwaterlights.com/erica_pp.html throw more light with ~6000 Lumens. Depending on your ride they will run you ~$900, if you are fortunate enough to ride a K1600GT/GTL you can pay $1228 c/w under mirror mounting brackets. You can buy the Rigid's for < $400 US on Amazon.

The Rigid's are a solid piece of kit that do the job.

Mounting will require some modification to the brackets [cut, insert, weld so lights are parallel to road surface]. Drill + insertion of spacers [washers] in the mirror housing. Tap into the L/H switch array to access Hi / Lo switch to power a relay.

IMO they look good on the Trophy. I have no business relationship with Rigid. YMMV

Hope that helps

Studley

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Good Aux Lighting That Fits A Trophy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:49:09 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Aftermarket motorcycle LED's tend to be expensive.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
Re: Good Aux Lighting That Fits A Trophy
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 01:26:06 pm »
Nice to know, and they look good as well.
I have used other Rigid lights on a different bike.
Lots of light for not as much money as some.