Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Scala Rider Q2 (not the Q2 Pro)  (Read 1698 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Scala Rider Q2 (not the Q2 Pro)
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »
Has anyone figured out a way to pair the Scala Rider Q2 (not the Q2 Pro) to the Trophy.  I simply cannot get the bike to recognize the headset.  I can get the bike to recognize the iphone.  I can even get the bike to recognize the Scala as a device (but NOT as a headset).  I can pair the Iphone to the bike to play tunes but then the phone also comes over the speakers, of course with no way for me to answer.  Or I can plug the iphone into the USB port to play tunes over the radio and link my Scala to the phone.  However the Scala Q2 doesn't have blue tooth to mp3 capability.  To listen to tunes over the Scala I have to use a jack wire.  I was hoping that the Trophy would give me a way around this.  Any ideas?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Scala Rider Q2 (not the Q2 Pro)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:40:43 AM »
Cross post.
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Hervé

• Trophy Member
  • First French?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Vaux sur seine
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
After many tests donee with the dealer, we arrived to the conclusion that the scala rider is not compatible with the TT.
I have sold mine as used and got a Sena thatis working fine.

Mind is like a parachute, it's efficient only when open

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
Thanks for that information.  I was afraid that would be the conclusion.  I may have to do the same.  Not sure how much of a market there is in the USA for used Scala Rider Q2 though.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:12:16 PM »
Just to finish off this post.  I wrote to Scala several days ago. This answer came in today

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

1. The scala rider Q2 has not been tested with the Triumph audio system so I cannot say if the headset will be compatible or what additional methods, if any, may need to be used to pair the systems together.
However, even if the Triumph system were to pair with the scala rider Q2, I do not believe it would work properly for you, as the Triumph Audio System likely broadcasts its audio in a Stereo Bluetooth signal (A2DP). Please refer to answer #2.

2. The scala rider Q2 is a mono-only device that is not capable of receiving a Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) signal, which is the signal that music from most phones or MP3 devices are broadcast in.
The scala rider Q2 is not a software upgradable device – but the stereo Bluetooth ability is based more upon the hardware in the device, not the software.

The scala rider Q2 PRO, scala rider G4, scala rider G9, and the new scala rider Q1 and scala rider Q3 are stereo headsets that can receive a stereo Bluetooth signal.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other questions.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST