Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: first ride out today  (Read 4845 times)

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: gloucester
first ride out today
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »
hi guys
I brought a new trophy 4 weeks ago and after having my cast off my foot I was able to go for a ride today  :046:
I used to have a Honda cbf1000fa and whilst I was in a cast me and the wife were thinking about touring next year but I said there was no way we could do it on the Honda so as I was feeling down we went and brought a trophy lol.SO today was the first time out on it and what  a fantastic ride but have a few little issue which hopefully some advise will sort it out
1- I had fitted the comfy htd seat which is wicked but have a major back ache after  being on the bike for 4 hrs im hoping that this is just down to the fact that I used to have the Honda and this is just a totally different style of riding that I will get used to + being unable to ride a bike for 8 weeks
2-  I have the normal screen on there but found that when I had the screen fully up my vision was half way through the curve at the top seat was on a low setting is there much difference in the taller screen or is there any where I could get a screen made up
look forward to hearing if anyone else has had the same issue
cheers

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: first ride out today
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:18:30 pm »
A change in posture brought about by a change in bike will often cause aches and pains as muscles flex in a way you are not familiar.

You should try adjusting the seat height.

Also there are options for raising the handlebars but be careful about the length of the wires in particular to the starter switch.

Another option is removing the rubber feet on the foot pegs dropping your foot an inch or so and adjusting the geometry.

With regard to screens, apart from Triumphs own touring screen there are a couple of options. Notably the Cal Sci screens which give 3 size options I think.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:24:01 pm by cropbiker »
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:35:05 am »
thanks for that cropbiker will have a look

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:42:04 am »
speedydeano

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of info on this site.

:400: :821:

seadog
seadog

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:24:58 am »
cheers seadog
I have found a few things already that have been really helpful
spot on

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 K1600GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 02:02:01 pm »
 :400: seedydeano   The TTSE here in the US comes with the low seat which did not seem to fit me well, made my tailbone and back hurt.    The dealer let me try the comfort seat for an extended period and it seemed to be more of the same just a little taller.  Long story short, even though I am vertically challenged I tried the low seat in the high position and found that to be adequate.   I added a sheepskin and that made it even better.   Just a suggestion.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:37 pm »
Congratulations on your new bike and your now ability to ride it.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 11:08:45 pm »
*Originally Posted by nervouswreck [+]
:400: seedydeano   The TTSE here in the US comes with the low seat which did not seem to fit me well, made my tailbone and back hurt.    The dealer let me try the comfort seat for an extended period and it seemed to be more of the same just a little taller.  Long story short, even though I am vertically challenged I tried the low seat in the high position and found that to be adequate.   I added a sheepskin and that made it even better.   Just a suggestion.

Get a regular comfort seat ( good deals if you look around ) and send it off to Spencer at http://greatdaytoride.com/

He'll modify it any way you desire ( lowered and flattened in my case ) and use the same foam used in paraplegic wheelchairs, turns your TTSE into a 130 HP rocket-couch!!  Marvelous...  $75 as I recall!!!
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

tweedy-bunch