Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2015 Trophy for sale in Austin, Texas at a good price  (Read 4688 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
2015 Trophy for sale in Austin, Texas at a good price
« on: October 06, 2015, 03:55:05 pm »
There is a Pacific Blue 2015 Trophy SE ABS for sale at Dream Machines of Austin, Texas that has 4698 miles on the clock and it is priced at $15450.00.  It doesn't appear to have any extras (no heated seat, rad guard, fender extender, etc.) and it has some scuff marks on the left side, but nothing looking really serious from the pictures.  I didn't scrutinize the photos closely, but if anyone is interested it may be worth a look.  These guys seem to be  completely above board from my personal dealing with them on the big K bike.  They offered me a really good trade price (better than the dealer) for my R1200RT based on pictures I sent them and they honored it when I went to look at and purchase the K1600.  In the past they were mostly clean, low mileage used bikes, but now they are also a full fledged new Indian dealer.  Try here and fill in Triumph for the make: http://www.dreammachinesindian.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=1538694&p=1&make=triumph&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: 2015 Trophy for sale in Austin, Texas at a good price
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:58:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
but now they are also a full fledged new Indian dealer. 
Trying to get my brothers to take on an Indian dealership.  Unsuccessful so far but this may call for me to ride over and inspect what an Indian dealership looks like.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:28:09 am »
looks like a good deal. wonder whats wrong?

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »
My guess due to the scuff marks on the left pannier is that original owner thought it was too heavy, top heavy, etc., and traded it on a Harley.  These guys get a lot of non Harley trade-ins from those dealers since they don't want any used bike on the floor other than a Harley.  Even buying new parts to replace whatever damage exists from closer scrutiny on it would probably be less than $500.  W8d4it, I've been in a few Indian dealerships and taken a test ride on one, and they seem to be staffed with knowledgeable people, and the ones I have visited exerted no pressure to buy.  One even commented how nice the Trophy was.  About a year after a test ride during the traveling rollout show I got a gift card offer from Indian that I took to a different dealer and they signed off on it and I got a $100 Visa card.  Nice.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »
Thanks Trophied.  I'm thinking of riding over tomorrow to visit my daughter who is in college in Austin.  I may take the time to visit Dream Machines.  On the other hand I am seriously thinking about taking my daughter to lunch then after dropping her off to just continue on up to Caprock Canyon to see the bison then over the north rim of the Grand Canyon then over to Utah to visit Bryce Canyon.     
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:40:50 pm »
Considering the $2000 in incentives Triumph was offering lately, I wouldn't say it is a real good deal.  Especially for someone who wants heated grips, trunk kit, bag liners, etc. that can be had with the incentives.

I bought my '14 new this summer for less than that, and got the heated grips and full trunk kit thrown into the deal.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 06:41:47 pm »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Trying to get my brothers to take on an Indian dealership.  Unsuccessful so far but this may call for me to ride over and inspect what an Indian dealership looks like.

I have 3 Indian Dealers near me.  I have ridden every model they make.  Nice bikes, but overpriced like Harleys and BMWs.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:44 pm »
True, when there are some good incentives it may pay to buy new.  I also got a really price, good trade, and extras a couple of years ago when I bought mine.