Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another bluetooth connectivity issue  (Read 2383 times)

Offline burnsr

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Southampton
Another bluetooth connectivity issue
« on: October 08, 2015, 08:09:40 am »
When attempting to pair my Uclear headsets to the TTSE it pairs ok but you only get about 3 seconds of sound and then nothing but a random beep noise. I can connect a Plantronics headset to the bike which works fine and I can connect the Uclear headsets to an iPhone ok but they will not work with the bike, which is very annoying.

Anybody come across a similar problem?

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
Re: Another bluetooth connectivity issue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:20:29 pm »
Please provide an exact description of how you did the pairing to the Trophy and maybe someone here can help. The pairing process if very particular.
Serial BMW rider

Offline burnsr

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:36 pm »
Ok to clarify.

The headsets are Uclear HBC 100 pluses and they are or appear to be pairing successfully with the TTSE as either HEADSET 1 or DEVICE 2. Immediately PAIRED appears on the screen after going through the pairing process I can hear through the headsets about 3 seconds of the radio station or whatever is the selected audio input and then silence apart from random beeps that can be anything from a few seconds apart to a few minutes apart. the audio output is set to HEADSET, if I switch the output to SPEAKERS I can hear the output no problem.

The headsets work ok when connected together and when connected to my iPhone or satnav, also I have successfully paired an old Plantronics telephone headset to the Trophy which also works fine so the problem is some kind of compatibility issue between the Uclear headsets and the Trophy.

I have taken the problem up with Uclear's support people who have suggested updating the firmware to the latest version which I have done but has made no difference.  After writing this lot I am convinced that it is a Uclear problem and shall continue to pursue them for a fix.

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 01:01:06 am »
My suggestion is to delete all pairing on the uclear then pair the drivers unit with the Trophy. You can then pair the 2 uclears together but you cannot pair the passengers uclear to the trophy. Only the drivers uclear can be paired to the bike.
Serial BMW rider

Offline burnsr

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 09:50:01 am »
I have tried doing what Uclear call a "hard reset" many times which is supposed to clear them out but still does not work.

I have had both headsets paired to the bike at the same time one on HEADSET 1 and one on DEVICE 2, they will pair but no sound.

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 01:10:39 pm »
Unpair the passenger's uclear and try just the drivers uclear by itself. You can clear the pairings from the bluetooth setup menu on the Trophy.

Serial BMW rider

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 11:10:37 pm »
Device 2 can be used for the passengers helmet if you do not want to pair a phone or other device to it and it will stream the Trophy's audio to that helmet and I think you can use the U-Clear intercom function for communication between helmets.  Webbikeworld.com has an extensive review of the U-Clear unit with good results.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch