Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Clutch angle adjustment help  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Clutch angle adjustment help
« on: October 10, 2015, 09:29:38 am »
I've searched and searched and have come up empty handed.

Are there any instructions with pictures on how to adjust the clutch angle. The audio system pod controller seem to have replaced the screws. :110:

Greygoose

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Clutch angle adjustment help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 11:01:54 am »
Do you mean the Clutch Lever on the Handlebars ?

I don't unerstand what you mean by "the audio system controller seem to have replaced the screws" ?

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »
The clutch lever is adjustable just dial in a different number. 

The pod?  Is this a remote controller fixed to the handle bars for a third party audio system, or something to do with the standard control switches?  The standard controller should not adjust the clutch lever.

Offline Balu84

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Mainburg
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:08:41 pm »
Hi Greygoose,

first I agree with Coconut and don┤t know, what you mean with the audiocontroller linked to the clutch lever  :187: .

To adjust the clutch lever in one of the four positions shown on the wheel at the top, you have to push the lever a little bit towards the front of the bike, away from the grip. Holding the lever in this "front position", you can turn the wheel to adjust the lever.

Hope this was the point to help you.

Balu
------------------------------------------------------

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 04:37:17 pm »
That was why i specified "clutch angle". The dial your referring to adjusts clutch lever distance to the bars. the clutch angle pertains to the adjustment of the lever angle with the handle bar. Think of it as the "vertical" adjustment of the lever vs. the "horizontal" adjustment of the lever. On the brake side of the bike, there's simple two hex screws that can be loosened and brake lever angle adjustment is simple. On the clutch side, those two hex screws cannot be seen secondary to the audio controller.

Let me know if i need pics and sorry about not being clear...

Greygoose

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 05:20:06 pm »
Hmmm . . . I'm not sure there is a "clutch angle" adjustment, but you're right most bikes do have the means to "twist" the clutch lever to change the angle in relation to the handlebar grip.  It just may be that there is no way to do that on a Trophy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:22:23 pm by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 11:25:05 pm »
You have to remove the audio pod and the bolt that secures the clamp is behind it. Not a difficult job, but a little time consuming. Be sure to place a towel or something similar under your work area to keep screws from dropping into the "abyss of no return" that most bikes with full fairings have. It is a lot of work to go through just to change the lever angle, but we do what we must do.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 04:16:34 pm »
After looking at mine carefully it is a little more involved than some, and yes, definitely use something to catch the SCREWS!  They always seem to run away and hide on fully faired machines - sometimes even the garage floor.  How can they do that without camouflage?
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies