Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New member, looking and lurking..  (Read 3017 times)

Offline PeregrinTook

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Tucson
New member, looking and lurking..
« on: October 11, 2015, 05:53:58 am »
Hi all,
A tip of the sarsparilla to you from Arizona !

I'm looking to get my garage down to one bike, currently a 2005 Gold wing 100+K, and a 2015 BMW F800GT. I like to long distance tour, last trip was 6200 miles and I like to run fun curvy roads. Seems like the Trophy might be the multipurpose that I'm looking for.

Advice, helpful hints, "gotchas" and quirks of the bike would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Pippin....(phil)
Phil
MSF RiderCoach(ret)
IBA 42754

"Where are we going, and why am I in a handbasket ???"

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
Re: New member, looking and lurking..
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 06:48:51 am »
Welcome to the forum, Phil!  You've found the best resource center for the new Trophy.  But be warned - when you head out for the test ride, bring your checkbook - you'll need it!  Most of the glitches from the early models (2013s mostly) have been solved by the factory already.  Haven't heard much about any issues since the 2015s came out. It's one heckuva ride, and as soon as Triumph Motorcycles America figures that out, they might actually start to advertise it here!!!

:401:
STONEY

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:11:54 am »
Hi PeregrinTook and :400: to the Forum !

The Trophy is a Fantastic machine - and this Forum is also one of the best you'll find !

Just about everything you might need to know about the Trophy can be found here.

Have a Browse around and use the "Search" button, but if you can't find an answer
to a specific question, just post a new Message in an appropriate Section.

Cheers  :821:

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 09:49:25 am »
Hi Phil, welcome  :400:  this is the  right place to learn about the Trophy , enjoy.. :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 03:53:12 pm »
 :400: to the forum.  I was actually considering an 800GT when I traded my K1600 on the Trophy.  The question from the sales manager was: "Have you ever ridden one of these"?, while pointing to the Trophy.  I said no, he said I should before I make the decision, and, like so many others here, deal was done and rode it home!  You won't be disappointed by the Trophy since you already have a much heavier bike in your stable than the 800.  :821:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 04:20:49 pm »
I too was intrigued by the GT 800, but with 75% of my travels being two up and loaded like a pack mule the GT wasn't ideal for that. Like most forums you will see all the bad and very little of the good about whatever it is you are researching. We bought our Trophy 22 months ago and have 33,000 miles on it. Black Hills of South Dakota, Key West, Arkansas twice, and since I am only a day away, many trips to the Smokies. No issues what so ever, if there is a gripe it is tire wear. The Trophy is a heavy, powerful bike and I ride it hard at times so the tire wear issue is on me. My wife and I give it a big  :152: and would buy another in a heartbeat. We have been traveling two up for almost 40 years and that includes two Wings, A Valkyrie Interstate, and a BMW 1150RT, with a few other odds and ends in there too. We enjoyed all of our bikes, but the Trophy is a keeper. Buy it, ride it, enjoy it.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 05:06:26 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline seadog