Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Honda ST1100 rider  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Scout

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda ST1100
  • City / Town: NE Illinois
Honda ST1100 rider
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:59:10 AM »
I currently ride a 1993 Honda ST1100.  Thinking of getting something new in 2013, seen a preview of the Triumph Trophy and it looks interesting.  Curious on what they will be asking for it.  Cautious about buying the first model year of anything.  So you all get on it quick and ride the heck out of her and find out the glitches. :-)
Scout

Offline Xtrail

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Honda ST1100 rider
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
Cautious about buying the first model year of anything.  So you all get on it quick and ride the heck out of her and find out the glitches.

Guess if there were any problems then they will find most of them on the Explorer as they are essentially very similar. I'm assuming of course that most of the componets are "shared".

Offline Psychopasta

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Thunderbird 2010
  • City / Town: Woodinville
Re: Honda ST1100 rider
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Triumph have a very good hit rate with quality at model inception. I have a TBird and Tiger 800, both bought in their first model year and have had no real problems. The TBird sprang a very slight cooland lead and the gasket was replaced with a new design under warranty. That's it for problems.

- Pasta

tweedy-bunch