movement/play at the rear wheel by digital
[Today at 03:48:24 pm]

Rear Light by STJIM
[Today at 03:12:30 pm]

Ramp loading the trophy into a pu truck bed by Dinty
[Today at 02:10:31 pm]

Western U.S. Adventure by digital
[Today at 01:38:44 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: V-stream sizing  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
V-stream sizing
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:02:16 am »
V-Stream  comes in 3 sizes. Regular , sport touring, and sport.

Is the sport touring version shorter than stock?

Greygoose

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: V-stream sizing
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:27:30 pm »
I have the sport touring version and it is pretty close to stock size. I am thinking about trying the sport version because the sport touring version blocks to much air on a hot, humid, Ohio afternoon. Good shield with good clarity and it did help my co-rider with the buffeting that the stock shield caused. V-Stream was a bit better when stuck behind a truck too.

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 06:40:32 pm »
That's the exact info I'm looking for. I'm torn between the sport and the sport touring models. The sport screen looks to be  4 inches lower than stock, but given our shields have 6 inches of vertical travel, it's hard to believe that it would be too short. I only see a tinted Version available though at national cycle, and I was looking for clear

Greygoose
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:06:29 am by Greygoose »

Offline Tiger-Willi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Augsburg
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »
Hi, have a look at pics in my old reply "Getting more air in the cockpit", have the sports one.
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2437.14.html

Cheers,

Tiger-Willi

Offline figmonkey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Lunar Silver TTSE 14
  • City / Town: Santa Barbara, CA
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 06:42:59 am »
I have the shorter sport one and like it a lot.  In the lower position you get clean air with a nice amount of pressure and little to no buffeting.  I never got "clean" air with the stock windscreen which is why I went with the shorter one.

In a recent thunder storm here in Southern CA :020: I tested it out at the full extension.  It was enough to keep me dry in the face which is all I really can ask for.

The tint isn't that dark but it is noticeable at night.  If you are the type to ride with the windscreen up at night then I could see wanting a clear one. 

For me I always like to "look over" my windscreen as much as possible so shorter works better.
- fig out

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 04:38:33 pm »
I have the Sport version and even though I like it a lot, for my height, I'm going instead with a stock screen cut down maybe 2".

I  think the Sport would be great for a taller rider that wants more air into the cockpit.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).