Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bike disabled  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Johnharley1964

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 99 Trophy, 13 Trophy
  • City / Town: South Dakota
Bike disabled
« on: October 13, 2015, 02:02:15 am »
I tried to take my New Trophy for a ride yesterday and the alarm icon on the dash lit up. The bike would not start or even turn over. Nothing would happen. I dug out the manual with no luck.  Later I tried the other key and it started right up. Aparently one of the keys is not programed. Is this something I can do or is it only a dealer thing?

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Bike disabled
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:46:44 am »
John

I think that is a dealer issue. I believe they have to plug in the system to code it up.

You say "new" trophy so should be a warranty item. But I would also ask why it was not coded in. In the first place.

Seadog
seadog

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:13 am »
Correct - the Key ( more accurately the transponder Chip inside the key ) can only be Coded
to the Trophy Immobiliser ECU by your Dealer using their Diagnostic equipment.

If the Key was not programmed to the Bike before you took delivery of it
( they should have checked that it was ), and the time / distance to the Dealership etc is a factor,
they might be willing to accommodate some Discount off accessories etc
by way of an apology / compensation for their error  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline Johnharley1964

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 99 Trophy, 13 Trophy
  • City / Town: South Dakota
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:33:49 am »
Thanks, I bought the bike through an out of state dealer and had it shipped to my home. It was a factory VIP bike owned by Triumph corporate offices. I t was sold to me as a NEW unregistered bike with a full warranty. I got it with 6000 miles on it and every accessory in the catalog but the alarm. Unfortunately the nearest dealer to me is over 70 miles away.

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 05:57:20 am »
This topic got me wondering . . . I never checked my "spare" key.  But, after reading this, I just checked it.  Fortunately, it is also enabled the same as my other key, so I do not have to go back to the dealer again just for something like this.   :002:   
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.