Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: ratling  (Read 1547 times)

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: gloucester
ratling
« on: October 13, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »
have only done 240miles on the bike but am finding that when I start it up there seems to be a rattling noise coming from the front yet when I pull the clutch in the rattles stops any advise as this is the first triumph that I have own is this normal
cheers

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: ratling
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:18:43 pm »
Sounds like normal TTSE clutch rattle to me... mines done the same since day one, 52K miles now, all is fine..
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
Re: ratling
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by janfmiller [+]
Sounds like normal TTSE clutch rattle to me... mines done the same since day one, 52K miles now, all is fine..

Same as above speedy, mine makes the same noise and stops when the clutch disengages.   Glad to hear that 52K is with no problems janfmiller.   I currently have a little over 22K and was wondering about the sturdiness of the TTSE as compared to the RT.   The last RT I had was approaching 80 thou and ran as good as when new, even better.    I had the 20000 service done recently and the bike seems to run better everyday that I ride it.   Lately it seems that the motor, which I thought was a little noisy at first, has quieted down and just pulls like a locomotive.   I am liking this bike a lot.   If the longevity is there I doubt I will ever go back to the RT.