Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: iPhone 5S compatibility  (Read 1299 times)

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
iPhone 5S compatibility
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:21:11 am »
I went for nice ride on Saturday and while still riding on the way home, my wife called me on my iPhone 5S.  The LCD alerted me to the call and by pressing the SELECT (or action) button, I was able to answer the call and hear her voice via the SENA SMH5 speakers and mic in my helmet.   Hooray!!!   :062:

What I have NOT been able to do is "initiate" a call using the same BT pairing with the bike and helmet audio setup.  Is there a way to do this with the iPhone with BT enabled while on a ride??? 

Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: iPhone 5S compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:51 am »
No... you can't initiate a call in that configuration from the bike controls.... I use my Garmin 590 as the hub.

iPhone is bluetooth connected to the 590 and then the 590 is bluetooth connected to my Autocom and headset.

That way I can see incoming and answer and also initiate calls when safe to do so via the 590 screen
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch