Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Last chance ! Advice, quirks, gotcha's  (Read 2524 times)

Offline PeregrinTook

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Tucson
Last chance ! Advice, quirks, gotcha's
« on: October 17, 2015, 03:57:34 am »
I found a new 2014 available right here in Tucson for a ridiculous price. Took about a 20 mile test ride and didn't find anything overwhelmingly wrong with the bike. It fit me well, maybe the accessory lower seat and bar risers ? Are there any on the market ?

The rest of the bike seems tight, solid and well done.

I'm about to pull the trigger on this deal, so please if anyone has anything I need to look out for, or especially hound the dealer about, please let me know.

:002:
Phil
MSF RiderCoach(ret)
IBA 42754

"Where are we going, and why am I in a handbasket ???"

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Re: Last chance ! Advice, quirks, gotcha's
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 04:44:08 am »
You probably will never need them in Tucson, but if I had it to do over again, I would have negotiated to have heated grips added to the sale of the bike.  Even if I never use them it would bothered me that I have a switch on the handlebar for heated grips provided by the factory which does nothing.  I think they should have been standard equipment for such a pricey bike to begin with. 

Another very popular (and expensive) Triumph accessory for the Trophy is a Top Box.  I think the future resale value of the bike will be greatly increased with either or both of these particular accessories, and if you plan on doing any serious touring, the Top Box is almost essential. 

Good luck!
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 05:10:28 pm »
 :400: PeregrinTook, grab it you'll be glad you did.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 05:13:00 pm »
Advice..... well the the best I can say is J.F.D.I!!!!

For those who don't recognise that one J = Just, D = Do, I = It... and you can work out the 'F' I am sure!

:152:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 07:20:10 pm »
I'm not tall and I'm already sitting bolt upright with my elbows bent.  Can't imagine needing the bars any further back.  I actually would prefer a bit of forward  lean.

In anycase, I'm not aware of any bar risers available commercially.  Some owner just use spacers and longer bolts.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 09:03:53 pm »
The new US bikes come with the low rider seat.  Make sure it was in the low position when you test rode it.

Check and see if and what Triumph is offering for incentives to sweeten the deal.

The offered free trunk and heated grips when I bought mine.  Others have stated lately that they were offering vouchers for $2000 in Triumph accessories and gear.

Good luck.

Offline PeregrinTook

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Tucson
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:47 am »
Thanks for all the input, they did in fact offer the heated grips without much hassle from me. They are useful here, we ride all winter, but temps can get to the 40s in the mornings.....

Phil (PT)
Phil
MSF RiderCoach(ret)
IBA 42754

"Where are we going, and why am I in a handbasket ???"

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 03:22:15 pm »
I hope it works out for you. I am just North of you in Casa Grande if you want to get together for a ride.
Serial BMW rider